Monk help needed

So, decided to try a Monk for the first time in, like, 6 years. I’ve managed to get to T9…anything above that, I get squashed quickly. Could someone kindly take a look at my config and make some suggestions:

I’m using Icyveins but beyond the 6-item set, I’m missing pretty much the rest of the items so not sure what I should be working on first. Pretty much none of the items have dropped from bounties or Rifts, not sure what the issue is.

Thanks for any help.

If you haven’t already, you might also want to ask this in our Monk Forum. I’m sure the veteran, skilled Monk players over there would be extremely helpful.

1 Like

The key to pushing higher in difficulty levels (for any class) is optimizing gear stat rolls - per guides, max leveling armor gems (diamonds can also help with surviveability, toughness/resistance), and leveling legendary gems as high as you can get them. The higher they are, the more damage you can dish out. This damage is essential to balance out with the higher scaled difficulty enemies you will face. When using Greater Rifts to level your gems, always try to get the gems closer to the highest GR level you can complete. Remember that attempting GR levels +10+4 or 5 levels higher than the current gem level will guarantee 100% gem upgrades depending if you empower the rift for an extra roll chance or not and not die doing it. Good luck !