MONK - Gundo Gear and Uliana

i notice that monk is atleast 7 GR lower than all other classes on the PTR, with the best builds monk have.

Ulianas is only on gr 123 with alot of paragon.
innas is at GR 117.

is this just lack of testing or is monk that terrible compared to other classes?

1 Like

Tr is still the top build for monk which means all is status quo for monk, so its massively underperforming.

1 Like

+1
(insert 18 chars)

Dont know about you guys, but the mythic rythem snap shot mechanic is a pain to me.

I hope they can fix this to just apply to the 3 hit from generator.

I have a hard time jumping back and forth trying to get it to proc.

2 Likes

I’m just thinking about adding a 1-2% damage reduction per enemy affected by EP from gungdo gear would help a lot for the survival of monks.

The Problem of this build is not only damage. because of the CD we have for SSS and we have to stand in trash for the ability, we also need much more DR. Damage is a huge problem too. But damage alone does not help the ulianas.

I do not understand the “balancepatch” at all. There are B-Builds which were bufft really heavy. And there are many C- Builds which get small buffs or no buffs. For example the IK-Barb.

I think Blizz shows what are the player playing and is balancing this. And all really weak builds which are nearly unplayable are ignored. I am no more playing D3 since a year. But i would come back if ulianas will be buffed to maybe a B-Tier or higher. He must not be a meta-build.

Damagebuff on gungdo from 200% to 500%… and no DR per enemy… it lacks against bosses and guardians.

Setbuffs:
2: also reduces CDR for 10% to make CDR at the beginning easier.
4: SSS causes 1000% damage (instead of 777%) and gives a DR of 50% for 15sec.
6: EP damage buffed to 15.000% (instead of 9.000%)

Maybe buff other items of this build like neccessary.

4 Likes

Accepted, i’d also like more dr :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mythic Rhythm makes this build a no go from me anyway.

It is the most fun build in the game, but its ruined by the snapshotting “gimmick” to be able to keep up.

8 Likes

I have to think about this build as trashkiller. Think the option a zbarb brings mobs, you hit with EP and than SSS and the whole monitor explodes :smiley:

And yes… after they killed the shieldbash-CR in Season 3 i think, this build was my favourite… but since several (10+?) Seasons nearly unplayable and which each buff-season weaker.

Also Innas is weak, and the buff wo less. Monk is a nice class. But far behind his possibilities in most sets.

1 Like

There are also F tier builds that were F’d into oblivion by ActiBliz when they were considered to OP (or to fun), now though due to powercreep they would actually be underpowered, but still far better than they are in their current form.

Case in Point. Do you remember the Mirinae Auramancer Necro ?
Was fun, till ActiBlizz nuked the Bone Tornadoe proc coefficient and tick rate, now it can barely proc Mirinae, or anything else for that matter.

LoL belt is fairly mandatory

Youre talking about 14 x 5 damage reduction thats 70% DR

The disparity of Uliana Monk vs other class’ sets become more apparent when:
Barbs with any barb set + 1 ring gain 90% DR.
DH with any DH set + 1 ring gain 90% DR.
Wiz with any Wiz set + 1 ring gain 90% DR.

Uliana Monks need Binding belt + spirit bracer just to gain 88% DR = 8 pieces of gears! Add insult to injury, monks have 5 elements to cycle through making CoE of little use. (Raiment is even in a suckier state)

Where does that put Monks? In a sad unfair state: low offense or low defense…

PoJ is nice. It is like like playing WW Barb or GoD DH, so innovative.

(re to balance CoE for monks, I suggest to make the buff equal to 250% damage ONLY FOR MONKS. That should bring it at par with 4 element cycles)

1 Like

It won’t happen since necro only has 3 elements. I would say that they can make holy and cold damage as 1 damage type. CoE at cold or holy will buff both cold and holy. If I remember correctly, only monk and sader have holy elements yet sader does not have cold element. That would be a fair and easy fix just as they did fire resist works for both fire and arcane.

Just another fun change would be it only rotates the elements you have active. That would make you think if you use cold rune on dash or may like to switch to fire

I would say this is too much work and some builds can only have 1 rune which is too much a buff.

My view with this is to make holy elemental damage works for cold as well. Sader does not have cold element and the rest classes have no holy. Although it only buffs the cold element for monk, I would be satisfied because

1. CoE is used mostly for pushing GR and the only good build for monk is TR and potentially EP in future, both of them are cold damage.

2. We have 40% uptime for cold damage.

3. Very very easy to change for devs hence more likely to happen. Hence it is better than nothing.

Sorry have to ask, how do we have 40% uptime with cold, When we have 5 elements, by my head that is 20% up time with COE.

Edit: ahh i see, you mean IF they make the change you suggest.

I suggest to make CoE holy damage to work for both Cold and Holy so that when rotate to holy, you also get cold buff.

1 Like

With that change actually not. Lets take WoL build e.g. u use fire rune on wol, cold rune on dash, have no idea which rune is epi, cs is on whatever you like. But if you’d use fire rune for alle you’d get the 200% xtra dmg anytime. Or you prefer lightning rune on wol? Then you could take this instead of fire. Same for uliana. cold rune is only better since the doom rune has most dmg on explo. But if you use a gen to get some dmg buff its not cold rune. if you then switch rune to holy or whatever assi rune is you get more buff on the coe.

But you have to think about all other builds with all other classes, I think it is more complicated and may require re-balance. The most ideal way would be combine Monk physical element to fire, lighting, holy or cold. We need to have a blue post at least to confirm that they are willing to make the change.

Haha, other classes have their +200-300% rings or so - flat or 80% dr ring. Monk is only class without any good ring

1 Like