Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard

I have a quick question about the Wildebeest gem. Snapshotting the shield with the Potion of Regeneration seems to work, but the Potion of Amplification is not working. I’ve seen multiple sources saying the Amplification potion is the best to use for this. Was this an unintended effect that was patched or am I doing something wrong? Playing Inna Monk.

If multiple guides said it’s working then it must have been, or it wasn’t and it was only assumed to be working. I don’t think a patch has broken the interaction, it would make it big into the news flash of those sites.
I have tried with Molten gem and Amplification but timing seems to be really tight; Amplification buff lasts 5 seconds while Molten reset lasts 4 seconds. There’s just 1 second frame before Amplification and Molten barrier overlaps. The spike of absorbing barrier efficiency more than doubled when I pulled it through on my Monk with a different Set.

I’ll say be sure you have used the potion when barrier is down from incurring damage, and before using the potion be sure you can tackle the targets in the next 5 seconds flat after you take damage. Each time you incur damage, Molten’s barrier delay resets itself for another instance of four seconds again. With these results, I think you need some dodge chance to be safe and deliberately pull this trick. The moment shield downs, you have to use potion for snapshotting it and don’t take any more hits in the next four seconds until barrier activates.

I think in Seasonal play you can just imbibe the potion without needing to take damage first, but I don’t know what difference would it make. I just think frame of response is so tight that you possibly can not land it with certainty while pushing a high tier Greater Rift.

If it still doesn’t work give it a try again without Inna’s 6-piece bonus this time. If I were to guess, I’d say Enduring Ally skillrune benefit of passive health regeneration could be an exception to Potion Amplification as it’s tied to an entity. Not saying it’s the truth, but numbers you may have landed may vary depending on how things have been coded. Maybe Inna’s Set granting all passive benefits of 5 runed Mystic Allies as its 6-piece bonus, interrupts something in the mechanic unintentionally.

Hi naksiloth! Thank you for replying. I just tested it without any inna gear equipped. I also dismissed my follower just incase. I am sure the potion effect is active when the shield takes place as I’m doing this in town. I’m also watching my player stats. I equip the gem and then drink the potion. I also tried to do this on a fresh witch doctor. You mentioned you have had success with the Amplification potion stacking with Wildebeest?

Since I had to try this in non-Season, I pulled it in combat with a Monk with Air Allies and Enchantress. My life regeneration stat was 55.7k with level 35 Molten, and shield value was 111.4k which is the exact expected value.
I teleported to Cemetary of the Forsaken in Act 1, and fought a few zombies to make barrier fade and drink it right away. Right after barrier faded, I observed for the next hit I took then drank the potion and cleared the area. I checked the barrier, and the value was 289.3k; which was 2.6x of the expected value. I have no idea what causes this but I guess this was a success.

You have less than a one second frame to drink it as barrier resets in the next four seconds, so timing is tight which could be an issue. I am presuming you do everything right but still no success then it might have something to do with other active healing effects my character had such as life per hit and damage over time interaction as I was in combat but this is rather far fetched idea. Molten doesn’t mean to benefit you from life per hit at all.

I don’t wanna misdirect, but I really have no clue why or how it happened in detail. If I progress in Altar and may get ahold of a Molten which I haven’t yet, I might try it myself in Seasonal for a more accurate response. This is all I had testing this in the middle of night.