Missing Royal Topaz Design

My Hero doesnt have a Royal Topaz design. I have Flawless Royal Topaz Design, but havent Royal Topaz design. Is it ok?

Yes, not a bug.
Plans drop in random order. Flawless royal may come before Royal.

2 Likes

The only Designs the Jeweler needs to craft Gems are for Royal and Flawless Royal Gems. That’s 2 Designs for each type of Gem and there are 5 Gem types. That’s a total of 10 Gem Designs.

As Maskraider stated, they drop randomly from Bounty Caches or Odious Collectors (green Goblins). So, run full Bounties for each Act. (You could possibly use the Bounty Mats anyway). You should get a minimum of 1 Gem Design in each Bounty Cache until you have them all, which means you may have to run Bounties for all 5 Acts twice to get them.

And to avoid confusion, I’m not sure when Gem Designs begin to drop. (This should not be an issue in your case, since you’ve already found some). It’s either when Marquis Gems begin dropping or your Character reaches Level 61 (possibly 70). I don’t think Game Difficulty matters. If it does, then you may have to run Torment I or higher Bounties.

And, as a final note: The quality of the other Gems that the Jeweler can craft depends on the Jeweler Level. At the maximum Level 12 the Jeweler can craft all of the Gem qualities, providing you have taught him all 10 Designs and you have the currency (Gold, Death’s Breaths and the proper number of lower-quality Gems).

1 Like