Mirror Images : the art of cat herding

For this build it’s good because of the CC and the damage/IAS. Having 5 bubbles spread across a group of enemies is pretty good if you ask me. Most of my issues is having enemies ride up on me so if I can’t handle that particular mob(s) I have to move, thus losing damage. If they have a hard time moving, sounds like more dps to me. To top it off, it lets you know if your images died or expired.

Every time you cast a slow time bubble, you are losing ~300% of your damage per second. Don’t do this. Slow Time has no place in this build, or any build.

1 Like

How do you lose damage from the enemies being slowed down? Unless there’s something I’m missing here, which I doubt, it seems like you don’t know how it works and not the other way around.

You have to stop channeling Deathwish to cast Slow Time. It costs an attack turn - and you lose the 325% damage from Deathwish. I am perfectly aware of how it works. Trust me when I tell you you don’t want Slow Time in this build or any build. Slow Time’s bad mechanics is why Twister uses LoN. It’s simply a terrible spell. :frowning:

The only build the "uses" slow time is Vyr, because Vyr doesn't actually have to a) put Slow Time on it's bars or b) recast slow time.
1 Like

Ok I’ll correct myself and give you some insight. Mirror images cast a bubble each. You do not need to cast it. To top it off, you don’t lose 325% damage for casting it a single time. Make sense now? I can have 4 bubbles without ever casting the spell.

So your dropping which spell to slow Slow Time? You have to use Disintegrate, Teleport, Mirror Images, Flame Blades. Force Weapon is basically mandatory as well. So you drop Explosive Blast? This seems very questionable, to me. That’s A LOT of survivability and damage you are just giving away.

1 Like

Force weapon isn’t mandatory. I don’t use it nor do the top runners. I did a 129, working my way up. I have a kid so it’s hard to climb. I don’t use galv ward either. If you do it right, you don’t need that stuff. So instead of force weapon, it’s slow time/frost nova/whatever.

1 Like

Ah, okay. We play the game in very different ways. I focus less on “fun” builds as meta builds. I didn’t actually know Mirror images would cast Slow Time. I’m embarrassed to admit I don’t know if Mirror images would cast Slow Time multiple times instead of once.

1 Like

look guys the dude asked if there was a video on the build, i was just doing some 110 gem ups and had some free time to record some gameplay of how the build works. i’m not and never would say this build is meta, its just a fun build for peeps to have fun with.

the highest i cleared with this build so far this season is a gr121 and yes i wasn’t teleporting around as much.

1 Like

Yup, there are many ways to go at it. While I still use MW: Deflection I don’t use Galv Ward. Reason being I’m not using Squirts but EW set… also means I can’t use ORotZ, so that makes it harder to actually cast EB, but it’s okay with enough CDR. The primary damage is dealt by Duplicates anyways, so that’s where I set my focus on…

As for the cooldown of MI… I’m lacking some CDR, so that’s a pain but Illusionist is quite helpful on that matter. With me using EB I find myself in melee range most of the time so taking hits is likely to happen. That’s an issue with Squirts in the play, so you need shields to prevent that but once you ditch Squirts you can ignore damage taken - only to some degree, oviously. That got me to drop Galv. Ward.
Then I shifted a bit of my paragon from INT to VIT to compensate for that, with the result that MI also benefit from this. I’m not using Enforcer for the time being, playing around with Stricken or Invigorating Gemstone depending on the situation. Strangely enough the images survive long enough without Enforcer for now. Sure, my build is not optimized, but I just did a 131 with room for improvement on the gear side, and on pylons. That rift had no conduit pylon, that alone makes a huge difference. With one of those I would have cleared significantly faster. So I think I can go a bit higher.

As for Slow Time… interestingly enough Illusionist also resets the CD of Slow Time, so I might give that a shot as well some time, but not right now.

Can’t argue with that… :smiley:

In case I missed it, how does crown of primus affect MI slow time?

As far as I know, it doesn’t.

as far as i could tell all slow time inc ones that images cast all do gain the effects of all runes. but the problem is that there are better thing that can go in the cube armor slot, like MoC or my choice is T&T.

Slow Time cast by Mirror Images doesn’t get Crown of the Primus effect.

You can easily test this by putting ST with no rune on your skill bar and Crown in cube, then stand in ST cast by MI. If the Crown works on MI, your character should gain 10% attack speed from Stretch Time rune.

2 Likes

It also doesn’t benefit your 6 piece for the Del set, which is kind of a pity.

It also doesn’t benefit from Mirrorball, which is a real shame.

EDIT: Looks like I missed the context a bit. I meant Mirror Images, not Slow Time.

1 Like

I see you gentlemen are seeing part of the problem. “It just doesn’t benefit from XYZ.” “you have to keep recasting”. The absolute best solution would be “Slow Time Follows you” like it does for Archon.

Which would be super nice, and it would make the spell much more powerful. It wouldn’t be so useless anymore. and maybe DMO wouldn’t be a steaming pile of dung that it is.

Some people really want a signature spell set, and DMO would be the best way to make this a reality.

only time i ever quit this game was when they took away slow time’s damage from DMO.

Used to love Combining DMO with Tal rasha’s and dropping massive domes of destruction on everything that moves.

Hello everybody, I’m a D3 noob but I will share my 2 cents with you. I am clearing T14 GR with Frozen Orb and I’m still missing Triumvirate and Wizardspike so I’m for sure no expert.
But I’m liking a lot MI and with my build I don’t have any signature spell, just arcane familiar, magic weapon for damage, storm armor to proc the damage absorption of Arlise or how it’s called. Then Slow Time with stun and Frozen Orb.
With this setup my images almost never die and they cast ST all the time keeping enemies away and stunned.
They also look like following me and teleporting to me making me almost immortal. I have them always on because of a Kanai decreasing cooldown when I hit and choosing Extension Will. They’re really cool!!!

That’s because it’s just T14. On this difficulty, practically anything goes.

Once you will go above, say, GR 100, that might be a different story entirely.