Microsoft has ‘let Blizzard be Blizzard’

Eh, not doing anything could in theory be the “saving” part. Instead of ATVI that was taking more and more control.

In any case, it would be naive to expect Microsoft to save Blizzard. It would take multiple miracles to save Blizzard.
But Microsoft have done some good by getting rid of Kotick at least.

Indeed.

You cant possibly be surprised, given the poster.

2 Likes

They did some organizational pruning as well. It’s possible they thought the company was going in the right direction but needed to do it… minus some folks. We don’t know for sure.

I’m not holding my breath. One of my absolute favorite game companies have went on a downward spiral since they were bought by Microsoft. Coincidence? Possibly…

The bigger the corporation is the more likely it is to screw everything up. Entropy is reality. Things are more likely to fall to ruin that reorganize themselves into useful forms.

They have been a on downward spiral long, long before Microsoft bought them.

What company are you referring to because I wasn’t referring to Blizzard.

Ah, yes I was referring to Blizz as that is the center of discussion of the thread.

1 Like

I figured, just making sure. I was actually referring to Bethesda.

1 Like

To be fair, Bethesda was also spiraling downward before MS :frowning:

I just hope one of my favorite studios, Obsidian, wont be destroyed by MS. Take Blizzard instead!

2 Likes

Once they announce a new Fallout game Bethesda will be fine. :slight_smile:
Never underestimate the power of a really good IP.

I hope so. FO is my favorite. 2030 can’t get here soon enough.

I didn’t though. I just found it was funny and naive too as you said when i read those last time.

Dunno why anyone would think being bought by M$ would change anything. They let some of their best franchises like Forza Motorsport and Halo get to a pitiful state.

I can’t speak for Forza as I’ve only played 1 very briefly but Halo was going downhill before Microsoft. So in that regard, I can’t say I blame them for that. There will be some things we see that change, but I want to make sure we don’t give them credit for success or a failure that was already going that way before them.

How was it going downhill before microsoft if it was owned by microsoft since they bought bungie in like 2000 or so

That’s probably just a PR related decision, a good one. Who the heck would want to keep him.

They didn’t get rid of him. He cashed out.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter too much of he left on his own, was asked nicely, or was forced out (and quite often you cant really separate them). The end result is the same.

Not for him it’s not. He left with a package that would put Johnny Wadd to shame.

1 Like

Yup.

He did exactly what he was supposed to do. Sell the company for 10x what it was worth. The reward from the rest of the investors was a golden parachute worth 100x what he was worth.

1 Like

Exactly. This is his plan; make more money for himself and succeed.