Message from the guy who cleared 140 on PTR

Really??
Intriguing …
Godlike skill?
How about +20-50% paragon compare to anyone in that EU ladder?
Doesn’t matter?
Not an extra multiplier??
What about guys from TOP-5 who did almost the same with half of your paragon??
I understand that memory is short - but you can check that ladder anytime…

3 Likes

Difference between 6k and 11k is 3tiers, make the maths, its easy.
Double paragon doesn’t mean double damage.

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

1 Like

We cannot blame you for trying the best you can do with the setup, that is after all the reason behind the PTR.

Btw 10K+ paragon, clean or with some help?

4 Likes

It’s hard for me to want to pile on darkpatator for pushing during the PTR when barbarians got all the new toys, the frustrating part is how easily swayed the developers seem to be by trolls or the inability to even check CURRENT leader boards for comparison.

There’s still time yet for S18 so it will be interesting to see where things end up ranking when folks start popping out of the woodwork and embark on the customary end of season fishing expeditions.

6 Likes

And Plus the difference between a macro user like you and a legit player?

3 Likes

Macro… on barb. There aren’t any rotations, precise timings, its all about refreshing buffs. No comment.

6 Likes

I’m not comfortable with accusing him of macros (useless on Barb) or implying he botted for his Paragon. Anyways, none of that matters.

My point is that his indifference helped to create the situation we’re now in – facing a potentially huge nerf. He’s been around long enough to know better, to know how the devs are going to knee-jerk.

Dark is not the bad guy here, and he didn’t nerf Lamentation, but he certainly didn’t help by pushing on PTR.

11 Likes

Don’t see why anyone would have a grudge against darkpatator for doing exactly what the PTR is for : test new things.
Of course he may have know that devs could overreact, but nothing was sure, especially considering that :

• nobody believed 3 PTR ago that Wiz Chantodo would go live as is, but it did, and was subsequently OP for 2 whole seasons.
  • devs did nothing to Wiz Bazooka SP for more than 6 months, which lead to current 4p meta doing sub 5mn GR 150 clears.
  • devs also did nothing to thorn necro in the same clears.

So why would they instantly react for barbs and remove as much as 7 GR?
It’s like the devs absolutely don’t want barbs to be anywhere close top the top DPS classes.
I think that it’s now as clear as day : if this change goes live, Barb have a special treatment.

Barbs are now afraid of doing anything on the PTR because of the Pavlov Reflex they acquired with multiples unjustified previous nerfs.

The real problem here is devs not loving barbs and being totally clueless to reading PTR high clears, not some high paragon player pushing a little some high keys.

Ideally they would create some sort of incentive for every classes to push on PTR, but the total lack of MTs in D3 makes this idea dead in the water.

9 Likes

Darkpatator, what you’re seeing here is the barb community lay out a perfectly “civil” response to your post. Part of that is laying waste to any differing opinion or viewpoint, as their fearless leader Free hath so decreed. Its not a discussion forum, its “agree with us or you’re wrong, trash, and have no place here”. If you don’t agree with them you will be labeled a troll, or an idiot, or someone willing to accept virtual scraps - and then YOU will be told you’re the troll.

what a joke

4 Likes

Watch your mouth, froggyboy…

I never said anything like that
Double paragon doesn’t mean double damage
But double main stat definitely means

How about difference between 2k and 4k?? Same 3tiers?? Genius…

2 Likes

I don’t know if u have watched “the almost hit 150” video:
-------www.bilibili.com/video/av74493064

If I remember correctly, this man was fishing 146- 148 for about a week. Bazooka will be nerfed, but star pact still has the potential to hit 143+. And this is not the “dream rift”. If it is the dream rift, u can imagine how op bazooka/starpact is.

2 Likes

Darkpatator has 21,124 hours of playtime in D3. That’s 2.4 years of uptime. Amazing dedication.

I couldn’t find out how much experience is needed for 10,757 paragon, but 10,000 paragon is a total of 16,530,892,720,980,000. For reference, that is paragon 4752 x 10! This person has amazing ability to farm experience.

8 Likes

Account sharing violate bliz policy. But currently, they can’t do anything against it. U know the 148 wiz guy is a cheater …

5 Likes

I said in this post, that i was wrong about bazooka already.

3 Likes

More like what your seeing is Barbs reaction to trolls and idiots who screamed for nerfs based on no evidence, other than thoughts and feelings, which they were passing off as fact.

I have no reason to doubt DP when he says he can possibly do 148. But he , with 10K plus paragon, represents what, less than 1% of players?

The average players is not getting anywhere near those numbers, but those screaming for nerfs have used this as the basis for their arguments.

Even when they’ve been shown to be wrong, they keep spreading misinformation, and straight up lies.

The Barbs as far as I can see are fed up with this rubbish attitude, and now are being called the bad guys for telling those spreading misinformation to GTFO.

Seems Barbs can’t win, either way.

8 Likes

Want to again stress this: Dark is not the bad guy.

Do not heap hate on the dude.

But he’s not blameless. Dude who has played this much D3 knows the history. Any time Barb looks like top dog in PTR, we get nerfed. If he claims he didn’t really think about it, yeah-friggin’-right.

12 Likes

I was not trying to attack u. I just want to share this video. And currently the barb vs wiz situation. We are all mature ppl.

You may be the unique, best barb player. I heard u did 135 recently and congrats. You have ur right to share ur experience. But the majority of barbs are far behind u. U also understand that single data can not determine the avg barb performance, right?

There are some table trolling guy pick up ur data to claim the barb performance. That’s the point why u are being attacked by some ppl.

I totally understand ur feeling. Most of barb community are targeting at troller, not u. No worry about this.

3 Likes

Well the easiest way to see how much they are ignorant about their own game is monk.
The highest NS clear with new set on ptr was a 112 fully augmented from a 7k guy. I was on his stream that day, and he had double battlefield to clear it in 14min. What did they do ? Buff it by 3tier. In the meanwhile, LoD WoL is clearing 135 with 7k in EU.
Doesn’t make any sense, i believe they only watched season PTR clears, since monks could still do something with that only thanks to theme.

No trying to dodge anything, but I highly doubt about the impact I had on that nerf, I mostly think they are very small teams and they missplaced the problem and didn’t realise how stupid was the theme.
A zbarb could technically clear 150 by getting a 0% conduit spawn on wood 100% and kill 15mobs.

4 Likes

I tend to agree with this sentiment. However, it is too late now. All of it happened before, and all will happen again…

Unfortunately.

3 Likes

Sure. Not more. Not less