Mempo of Twilight Feedback

Right, I was strictly talking about the auto-casted meteors not benefiting from the meteor shower rune, but I didn’t clarify that well enough. My bad.

Okay, so I’m only partway through testing (and only the solo speed variant), but I’m loving the new 4pc.
Meteor attacks can proc the 1s reduction to Teleport, Tal 2pc can as well it seems.

Really incentivizes Attack speed over cooldown now. Even with the 2h it’s not so slow.

Because we have higher base AS now, Deathwish is less appealing as Smoldering core stacks at a pretty good pace.

The Smoldering Core requiring repeated casts to stack the debuff discourages Star Pact, as Star Pact would require mega resource (doable in certain builds though). The helm slot discourages Archon (though LoD starpact / Bazooka is probably still likely good).

Tal 2pc meteors like Tinne mentioned, seem to still be a factor in build composition, as they deal good portion of DPS, even if they don’t inherit Mempo’s meteor shower or Multiplier. Feels like a good balance of auto proc AoE and manual DPS.

While APoC remains an issue, it seems between Conduit, Shame, Astral, Prism, Surge etc. we have enough options at these middling attack speed values to compensate, though I’m really glad Grand Vizier already has the 50% RCR on it.

As to the terrible affixes on Mempo itself, I’ve mostly been cubing the helm to avoid this, though this does kill diversity of the build a little.

My biggest criticism of the build thus far is that it feels forced. Very little slots and very little options. But it seems what little choice we have is going a long way to vary the different Tal Meteor builds.

All in all, I’m pretty happy that Manually cast meteors are back, and fairly competitive! Enjoying the speed build variants. GR120 @ ~2kp equiv, ~3-4 minute clears in testing thus far. Seems about on par with FB MM.

2 Likes

Hey Cratic, easiest way for me to find you but the topic isnt mempo.

Do you know how to ease the Tal Met lag problem in high tiers? (148+)

What is the cause of lag?.. we tried removing AD, smoldering core, non auto Multishot from zdh, non ww power pixel, it seems to lock up @ 40-50 mob count.

I think it’s the ground effect.

You have a bunch of ground DoTs stacked up on a pull from a gazillion meteor impacts ticking away on all the enemies at once. And you don’t have a ton of control over the ground DoTs, you can’t stop attacking to let the game catch up because they are still ticking away.

I have no idea how you deal with it, but I’m pretty sure that’s the cause.

1 Like

Did an FPS test, Comet by far is the worst offender followed by Fire non-runed and then Star Pact. Thunder Crash is the friendliest one.

I’m not sure how that stacks up with Low FX but assuming the same. I find Thunder Crash works better in groups and speeds anyway for quick burst damage along with it’s friendlier lag or in my experience no lag at all thus far. Comet probably only slight advantage solo with Cold Black Hole buff lasting double the time.

1 Like