Maxroll GG Impale Build Ideas

Hey gang… I’ve been playing DH for many seasons… and I’m loving the Impale build this season. Initially I followed the Maxroll GG build but I had questions.

Why the Topaz in the helm?
Why the Witching Hour on the Enchantress?

To be clear…I did a 140 Solo with 2500 Paragon so I believe I’m doing pretty well. These changes I made are also about soloing…not groups. I’m up to 2900 paragon and hoping to hit 141 by the end of the season. I’m not the best…but I do ok.

I came up some changes that work for me…(may not work for everyone). I was always running out of Discipline…and it was frustrating. Why is the Maxroll build taking Special Recipe instead of Vanishing Powder? Yes it adds a cooldown…but it’s 4 seconds.

I started using Vanishing Powder and I never lose ANY discipline…at all…and I can hit it every 4 seconds or so since I have Captain Crimson’s on…Just hit it left and right whenever it comes up.

With that change I can put a Diamond in my helm and get the extra cooldown. Vengeance is up 100% of the time. I can stay with Freezing Strike on Bola’s…to slow things.

Also…is anyone using a Cord of the Sherma (belt) on their follower? I LOVE THIS THING! The blue circle stops mobs in their tracks…including bosses for 3-4 seconds. I can move around…relocate…and continue DPS’ing. My follower drops one every 15-25 seconds. It’s amazing. Once you get used to it…you’ll see that all mobs inside just turn in circles for 3-4 seconds. Even bosses stop their damage while wandering for 3-4 seconds.

For my speed 125’s I switch out some things… passives: Thrill of the Hunt or Numbing Traps for Steady Aim / Tactical Advantage (for speeds). I also go with Drifting Shadow over Rocket Storm for speeds. I do 125’s in 2.5-3 minutes or so…not the absolute super speeds…but what I feel comfortable with. I’ve tried doing 115-120 speeds and due to movement constraints I end up doing the same times or so.

I’m playing fire at the moment but have a cold build also…which I do enjoy…just doesn’t seem to do the same DPS (at my paragon).

Thoughts?

Z

CDR is supposed to come from CC set and other gear. Topaz to not run out of resources constantly. WH gives AS to help Enchantress cast her spells faster.

If your changes work, then stick to them :man_shrugging: . If you have in depth questions ask the author Wudijo in his daily Twitch stream.

Topaz gives resource cost reduction. This may seem unnecessary but it helps with hatred when you are killing things too fast or things are too spread out, and it helps (probably the main reason) with discipline when spamming smoke screen.

If the enchantress has the sword (windfury or something) that slows the attack speed of enemies, you want her to attack as fast as possible to keep that up. This is especially important on the RG at very high GRs.
Personally, I prefer the belt with the blinding effect. But the higher the paragon the less necessary that is defensively.

There is no reason to ever use Rocket Storm (or any rune besides Drifting Shadow). The sanctified power doesn’t work like the GoD power. The extra rockets are like the goggles: they do nothing.

Thanks for the info gents…but I never run out of Hatred unless things are really spread out which is rare for me. My build seems to be working well and I feel more comfortable with it…I may have to back and try the main build. Appreciate the insight.

After some looking at it… you may want to look the the top greater rift DH’s…most are using the Rocket Storm…and the main Maxroll.gg build has rocket storm on their builds. Thoughts? You say never use Rocket Storm but even the maxroll.gg has it?