Massive WW/Rend nerf on Blizzcon PTR

You are one of the better players in D3. Some people find your information enlightening. While I totally understand disappointment, the flip-side of having a degree of influence, is that it can be taken as gospel by some people that have not decided to play the game regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Make sure you post the stats for us non-math plebs if you decide to drop out after guardian. :wink:

If it’s anything like S18, I finished Guardian on day 4 of the season and I haven’t done anything else on the hero except give people 1-70 / journey boosts thereafter.

I believe the math over a handful of people running T16 on a PS4 at Blizzcon, sorry. Don’t really need to test 2/3 of your damage getting deleted.

2 Likes

I don’t see how lamentation makes any sense without the damage multiplier.

4 Likes

Hahahahahahaha oh man pure comedy

1 Like

I’m contacting Nev directly to ask her to speak to the dev team.

The nerf is unnecessary and a major blow to the progress this patch represents.

I’ll update y’all if/when I get more info.

31 Likes

I was going to ask you if you were doing this. Granted its not the final patch notes but still its crushing to the people that main Barb.

2 Likes

I fear this close to 2.6.7 going live (a couple of weeks?) this is a forlorn hope but I wish you luck anyway.

8 Likes

I hope you can make this right again.
The nerf should never have happened.

4 Likes

That is awful.
Now it truly is a belt to lament for…

2 Likes

I am too old to waste time. I cannot help what people think. I was being honest. Unless your posts of you were of someone else? I suppose in this day and age it seems with the amount of sarcasm that flys around it’s hard to know who or what to believe. I shoot straight for the greater part.

EDIT - Also I was being serious about the leading aspect. some people take your stats and advice as a player that knows. We’ve all seen enough social media to know the influence of people if they do not think about what message they are sending. Use that power wisely Obi-Wan. :wink:

1 Like

I take it barbs will remain as support then.

1 Like

People may not like what I post.
People may not agree with what I post.
But, rest assured, it’s always me that posts it.

I’m just not used to genuine compliments too often on the interwebz.

1 Like

If I were you I would also suggest her to revert the nerf otherwise most dedicated barb players will feel insulted and might not be interested in buying D4 if the dev team listens to players who have no idea how to play a barb or don’t even play with that class yet have the nerve to ask for nerfs based on completely invalid arguments that make no sense at all…

If Blizz will treat their loyal playerbase and their communities like this and act based on arguments that have no solid ground at all, they will loose more potential D4 buyers.

Because if one or two classes are favoured more over the others in D3 RoS what makes you think it won’t be different in D4.

Think about that before you consider buying D4…

2 Likes

Good news is D4 isn’t being shown to be built around ridiculous %’s of Weapon Damage. They’re returning to D2 mechanics where a skill does ##-### damage. Game balance will be a lot easier.

Balance is an overblown concern. Skill damage as the base output factor means greater build diversity, and that’s what players really want–the ability to make a build work the way they want (within reason).

I like where D4 is headed so far. It looks a little sluggish, and the density seems threadbare, but I’m hoping a much bigger emphasis is put on its PC design.

7 Likes

Normal stuff MB. It pays these days to have your radar up.
Sarcasm has almost become a normal part of speech and that’s sad for every one of us. I mean that because it’s nearly impossible to tell who is real and not.
Cheers

Considering the thousands of hours I’ve played Diablo 3 - I’m more than satisfied with how it turned out.

It missed a lot of marks. Sure. D2 was better all things considered.

But I think Blizzard can make D4 learning from their mistakes from D3. There will be more balance and more diversity. Itemization is going to be different.

Yes, and itemization is really where we need the big changes. I think it’s fair to say that people like how skills feel and function in D3, but the outdated tech and bad itemization, coupled to flaws in the base design, always hindered the kind of creativity that could be applied to items.

1 Like

Either way, this went a little off topic.

I’m not expecting D4 before 2021, and late 2021 at that. So let’s see how the game looks next BlizzCon before we celebrate or grab the pitchforks.

Classic Development team needs to fix this 7-8 GR nerf from WhirlRend PTR.

3 Likes