Mass RiP Server fail?

last night it seemed the whole EU server went down resulting in a lot or RiPs across the communities at that time (3 of 4 from my group alone).

While most HC players accept that putting up with DC /Lag death is part of the game, surely a server wide issue (which happened again 10 mins later) is different and threatens to make HC un-viable if it continues.

is there any explanation for what happened are there any plans to rollback to a previous state?

anyone else affected by this?

Battle.net launcher crashed while ingame as we were on speak. No warnings until after the damage was done. 100% on their side

As stated above - a server wide crash should be recognised as an issue on blizzards side and therefore all lost chars in hc should be reinstated to live once again. There was nothing the player base could do to avoid this.

You should post the season number, with your post for the EU servers.
The update ports for blizzard entertainment titles have been the target of computer virus tactics before. Even secure servers can be effected by updates, to servers for Blizzard. Because the system includes items that are also posted by community members. LFG.

Feels like 2012 and 2013 all over again…forums used to be full of threads like this.

This issue never goes away, the entire client/server setup of d3 is just terrible for a viable hardcore experience. Hopefully, that’s something that is addressed in d4. Until then, either reroll or play poe or grim dawn (neither of which suffers from d3’s anti-hardcore server setup).

I have gone like 3 season without a disconnect. I have gone 3 season without a death too. In all the time I have played HC I have had 2 disconnects. One I’m not really sure but it could have been Blizzard. The other one was kinda my fault. Comcast was having problems in the area. I thought maybe it was fix & OK to play but it wasn’t.