Masquerade - Bone Spear build rotation

I’ve never liked the Necro. This S21 I’m trying out the build Masquerade Bone Spear. I’m not understanding the rotation that I should employ?
Hit which skill at what point to achieve maximum effect.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

What do you mean by “rotation”?
I have this build now. https://www.d3planner.com/891536872
Do you mean to use weapon Nayr’s Black Death?

• Each different poison skill cast increases the damage of all poison skills by [75–100]% for 15 seconds.

I’m trying to figure out what to cast at which moment. My build:
461492339 ( can’t post links)?
I want to know which ability/skill to proc at what moment. Bone Armor, Blood Rush/Decrepify, Simluacrum then spam Bone Spear/Grim Scythe?

Since Simulacrums last forever with Masquerade set, you cast them at the start of the rift and only recast them if they die in your place when you take lethal damage. Decrepify - Borrowed Time seems a bit of a waste since you don’t have or need cooldown, I’d go with Frailty for the early death on targets. I’m not sold on Aughild’s set with Masquerade, I’ve been using Captain Crimson set. I use Devour Voracious and the extra RCR helps with toughness and the extra CDR just helps out your dps.

1 Like

This is my masquerade build: Zasz#2862 - Community - Diablo III

Im playing the frost version. Very simple, effective and you only die from bugged simulacrums.

No, they only gain bonuses with the set. For them to last forever you need an amulet.

5 Likes

Oops, you’re right. I use Haunted Visions with Masquerade (Seems like a no-brainer to me).

2 Likes

I use set Captain Crimson’s Trimmings.

• More cooldown is more damage.
  • More Essence Cost Reduction - more resistance

I use passive skill Spreading Malediction

• Receive a 1% damage bonus for each enemy afflicted by one of your curses.
  • More monsters under the curse is more damage.

I can’t make the set put out enough damage to break into leaderboards at gr 111. It’s is missing damage.

The build is an elite unter build. Bone spear plays like impale. Except impale does way more damage. Impale actually has a wider attack cone. I stopped playing it when with 3 primals and a bunch of 450+ augments it’s still not competitive with other builds and can’t keep up with spin to win.

That makes no sense. You have one skill that benefits from cooldown reduction but doesnt need it.

Theoretically.
How much time to you spend to curse enemies when you could spend it throwing more spears? Because when I look at your gems being at lvl95, they should not live very long compared to the time you spend building up “damage” throwing the curse and wasting essence that you could spend for spears.

I use the devour aura rune and the dark reaping talent to constantly build up essence. I spent most of my time throwing spears. Cursing enemies would yield less than 20% damage bonus in most cases. Its almost rare to encounter larger groups.

I dont think the malediction talent and your borrowed time rune are worth it here.

• Every other rune of the curse is better
  • Serration is very weak. Bone prison is stronger because it triggers krysbins
  • You have no ring/amulet selected in your cube. Maybe its a bug hiding a grandeur ring
  • Why is your build half beneficial for close range that doesnt benefit from your set and half long range that works with the set?

Captain Crimson’s Trimmings

• Damage dealt is increased by your percentage of cooldown reduction and damage taken is reduced by your percentage of cost reduction. (3 pieces)

I have good Essence Cost Reduction + passive skill Dark Reaping (While using a scythe, gain 2% Essence and Life per kill.) I can use bone spear very long time (GR 95).

i can try “Bone prison” instead “Serration”.
I don’t know what all counts for “enemies afflicted by any other type of control-impairing effect.” If “Bone prison” counts, it is better.

I have in cube “Ring of Royal Grandeur” because i use 2 sets.
Many monsters are killed from a great distance.

I play alternately another build with legendary items (Grim Scythe).

I play with Necromancer for the first time this season. Not all descriptions and mechanisms are completely clear and I am still learning.

I’m not pushing with this build, but I find that using Briggs ring and manually casting decrepify is a great way to clump enemies before you shoot your bone spear.

Thats the strength of the build. Its also its curse because we rely heavily on bone armor which is a short range skill. Thats also why I use a primary long range skill with a stunning rune.

Dont worry. Thats what this topic is for :slight_smile:

I think the aughilds is much better than captains the resource cost reduction would be nice but u are losing 50% damage reduction from dayntees bindings in higher Grifts u will really need it and cdr is pretty much useless other than the damage inc and reduction cause of captains but wasted stats other wise.

I love that it is a simulacrum-based set, but it still falls down under similar issues as the Pestilence set. The Bone Spear has a damage fall-off point no matter what you do. It also needs an essence reduction for one or the other (or both) sets NOT an increase.

I can only assume that BLIZZARD’s “Balance” coming will include this.
It reminds me of the DH Shadow build taper-off, pre-fixes.
This build would definitely benefit as similar classes have, by multiple runes within the set (Blighted Marrow+Crystallize+Teeth+Shatter).
THEN it would be a more viable set.
Don;t get me wrong I like it, but it’s missing something.

Yes, its there to prevent people from killing things outside the visual range.

Not necessarily. People usually dont use the right RANGED resource generator that easily generates lots when hitting many mobs at once.

There is nothing that needs to be balanced. Instead there needs to be a fix for the simulacrums dying sometimes from various AOEs, dune dervischs reflect everything like a thorn effect instantly killing us or elite dune dervishs with the same problem AND slow projectiles affix.

Damage fall-off was what was implied and it does kill outside of the visual range.

Using Harvest essence makes no difference above 100. This is because like Pestilence the bone spear damage falls off as mentioned.

Really? Well lets see someone with around GR140 with the Masquerade build with the same levels as the LoD. Are there any? NOPE.

There is a small border, a grey zone, right outside visual range. Beyond that got fixed a long time ago.

How exactly would you test that?

You are aware that all builds are created by PLAYERS, right? You cant balance that. And Im fine with it. The alternative would be a very limited amount of blizzard dictated builds.
What you can balance are Sets.

Boom! - Look at the new Barb, Sader, WD, Monk and DH sets. Even Typhons kicks MoBC to the curb. Their sets, being the ones listed above at least have some people that well and truly above the halfway point on the leaderboards, comparatively with the LoD sets. Masquerade (MoBC) falls very short of the mark.
Masquerade struggles to get much above 115-120, unless you are a botter with thousands of paragons.

Probably because its so fixated on the spear and doesnt allow for flexibility like most other sets. Its slightly boring because of that.

Is that with or without augments? Regardless, so what? If you play only the faceroll build of the month then you have a different problem.

And again, its a player made build. Blizzard cant fix that because there is nothing to fix. Maybe there is a build we havent discovered yet that works better. Who knows? But boosting the set because people cant run a certain grift difficulty doesnt sound like an improvement. Being obsessed with high grifts isnt caused by buggy items/sets.

Its possible that the set is just badly designed to begin with. Maybe dont play it then. Play something thats actually fun.

You are aware that there are people who play every season and get about 1.000 (usually more) paragon levels transfered to non-season (after proper conversion of course) ? People who run grifts above 100 in every season gain enough paragon level to boost their chars for high grifts without botting once.
Botting is for those who dont have time or dont want to invest it. Those that have time dont need to bot.

I get over 100 every season and fairly early, from every other set generally under 1K paragons when I do. Plus, I get over 1,000 by the end of season - In all three regions and I do not bot. I never said it was not fun to play. It is simply NOT balanced with other sets which you seem to suggest it is, if you look at an earlier post you made. I simply do not play META, groups or rely on others for skill points, nor do I play it 8 hours per day. I have a life, but I still know the game pretty well.