Marauder's In-Depth Feedback

Just tested a Multishot build variant with Marauder’s set and I find it performs better than a Cluster Arrow build (also tested in PTR), unless I’m missing some Cluster Arrow legendary bonuses. It even performed better than my UE MS build (except maybe speed at lower difficulties). IMO, please don’t remove Multishot from the Marauder set bonuses.

Removing the 400% damage increase to the Sentries in the 4 piece bonus may be deceiving (might seem like a nerf). Overall, though, a definite improvement to the pre-patch Marauder set bonuses.

1 Like

Not maybe. Do it. Missed opportunity, since we already got a multishot set.

2 Likes

Agreed. I want to use elemental arrow and not feel like I’m gimping myself.

2 Likes

Anyone try spitfire turrets and notice that it doesn’t fire rockets anymore? I don’t think Polar Station fired its frost bolt either during my testing… the sentries looks like it fires just one of your spenders as its attack now. Polar Station or Guardian Turret are the go to runes still.

Firing rate of CA, MS and EA also very different with EA feeling the most satisfying IMHO due to the constant bombardment of attacks from the sentries. I’m quite happy for this to replace N6/M4 but they really need to do something about the firing rate of CA and the damage of EA to make it edge out over MS.

Personally, I’d prefer to see Chakram added to S6 instead of being yet another skill to balance M6 around.

1 Like

You can use Shuriken Cloud and then a Sentry rune like Spitfire to get 2 effects at once. Lay down your Sentry, then cast Shuriken Cloud.

There isn’t a supreme setup for double dipping, they all kinda stink with Shuriken Cloud due to element mismatch. Odyssey’s is best if you are relying on your Sentry’s built-in rune, not Shuriken Cloud w/ Ill Will.

Oh I get that. I take it for granted that it won’t be a one minute clear with any character that has to continually drop anything to keep stacks/damage up regardless of what speed bonuses are added. A GoD build sure, this, no.

Yes Kridershot and the matching Panacea quiver definitely need some love.

1 Like

Bombardier’s Rucksack should be changed from giving 2 additional sentries to summon sentries in pairs.

This will increase sentries from 5 to 6 but importantly allow you to quickly summon sentries to activate 6 piece set bonus

It can still be done in pairs, even with a cap of 5, the 1st just gets replaced as the 6th lands. But this will irritate people who want full control.

The power would have to read:

“Double the maximum number active sentries and summon two sentries each cast.”

Just stating summoning two sentries without increasing the maximum number of active sentries will mean that on first summon you’ll have two active sentries and the second summon will just give one as you’ll be at your cap of 3 ( assuming you have custom engineer passive).

Absolutely… though, it’ll have to be balanced between UE and M6 since with Kridershot, EA is buffed on both sets.

Agree.

I’d personally prefer it if they just do away with the cooldown of sentries. Something like:

• 2pc: Companion calls all companions to your side. Sentry gains all runes and no longer has a cooldown. All Companion and Sentry effects are doubled.

The cooldown just further slowing down an already slow set as we don’t have the mobility of UE, S6 or GoD.

The gains all runes is just adding in some extra DR from Guardian Turrent and also variety with all the other runes we don’t normally use (chain of torment might make positioning the player and sentries more engaging).

The double of effects is to add in mostly utility (ferrets movement speed, bats hatred regen) and DR (boar AR and life regen boost, Guardian DR).

3 Likes

I think these are good ideas.

MOST items are more or less tied to given builds; it’s not a Rucksack issue nor is it imo an issue at all. It’s kind of just how things work.

Agreed about C Arrow and E Arrow tho, but again Rucksack isn’t necessarily an issue, since not every piece needs to be in the weapon or offhand slot. In fact in E Arrow’s case I’d probably rather play it with UE than Marauder anyway (tho having the choice would be cool).

I also agree about removing Multishot from Marauder tho, even if that clashes with the above take.

1 Like

Devs. Thank you for addressing Cluster Arrow, the performance looks spot on so far:

M6 Multishot: GR142 11:58 Great Conditions
M6 Cluster Arrow: GR142 14:14 Average Conditions

It is my feeling that Cluster Arrow is now equal to Multishot, if not stronger by +1GR. I plan to push this a little more tonight on non-season.

This is an amazing place to be because there is now choice.

8 Likes

its more fun with cluster arrow. I can’t do multishot with marauders. Sorry. lol.

1 Like

Which Cluster Arrow rune will you play?

My favorite is the cold rockets rune, but I think loaded for bears hits the hardest.

1 Like

Not sure about the math, but since hellcat’s is out of the equation, the rocket runes probably do more damage, at least to single target.

maelstrom is my favorite followed by shooting stars

Just did a GR142 with Maelstrom + Frostburns – running more of it here:

Cleared a 148 with Loaded for Bear. I think I would need some more luck, skill, and / or paragon to go any higher.

nice. looking really good but not tooooo good.