Marauder's 4pc Pre-PTR Change

Not attacking you, but the guy made a false assumption about me and I only brought up the leaderboards to prove the allegation false.

I’m sure you wouldn’t take kindly to someone posting a lie about you either.

And the whole time in this thread, Ronin has been claiming that M6 wouldn’t have an active style because M6 “fires your spenders automatically” but since it doesn’t really do that, it proves he had no idea what he was talking about.

the concept of being affected by a lie is very strange for me, bc is a lie.
but i get what you saying.

thats the problem with theorycraft, its a theory, but now we know the ptr m6 sucks bc it is far from the lazy build from “our”(mine at least) wet dreams.

EDIT:
tl;dr
manual casting>>>>>>autocast

1 Like

Of course. I share that attitude, so at least we have that in common. For instance, the reason I’m not R1 on No Set is because I chose to play a weaker but IMHO much more fun build (Fan of Knives).

I claimed this before the PTR released, when it would have been impossible to ascertain whether sentries autocasted or not. Now I’m just happy that my worries are proven to be unfounded :grinning:

well, someone had to be…

im just gonna sticky with god.

My issue isn’t that it isn’t lazy. My issue is as the the build stands, what I want to play is unplayable.

The build wouldn’t compete on the leaderboards so next season would be one of the ones I would skip for pushing the boards.

I wanted to use a Chakram/Elemental Arrow/Multi-shot build with multi-shot only being on the bar for a free boost to crit chance.

But since it only fires your secondaries when you do and you can’t cast elemental arrow with a melee weapon, it makes the build impossible.

I can still play a Chakram build but now it’s relegated to “do it because the transmogs look cool” and not because it would have been cool to watch my elemental arrows and multishot do what I intended and expected them to do while actively casting Chakram.

Really bothers me, but notice I’m not arguing that the set should be changed “because I HAVE to play a certain way and it should be changed to satisfy me”.

Not attacking, I realize I’m dumping a bit on it but Ronin really burnt my biscuits with his intended insult to how I play the game.

Anyway,

I posted in a thread the the 4-piece descriptor on what it actually does should be changed to reflect what it actually does.

It should read like this:

4-piece: Your sentries fire Multi-shot and Cluster Arrow, if they’re on your bar, automatically and your spenders when you do.

Since it doesn’t really fire all your spenders automatically and only fires your secondaries when you do.

Gee, you must be the only one who’s had to sit out a season or two because a build they wanted to play ended up being unplayable…

The best bet would be to wait for Bliz to buff Chakram and bring it into relevance (of course, who knows when that’ll happen). Otherwise it’s kind of an exercise in futility (unlike Fan of Knives which was once a top build and even now has some potential). To wit, one guy in my clan tried pushing M6 Chakram and it took him like an hour to clear a GR 100 with 5k> paragon. We all ended up laughing at him.

My issue here is that you’re taking the moral high ground that it’s better not to argue that way, when in fact it’s a very rational thing for a player to do.

That was going to be my ask. They only need to buff SoIW from 1.0-1.4 to something like 10-12% per point of hatred for Chakram to be relevant.

Edit:

But also, quit putting words in my mouth. I sit out pushing on the leaderboards some of the time because what I might want to play any given season isn’t relevant. So I’m used to it.

I’ve said so repeatedly and for some reason you pretended that I never said so and therefore think the game should cater to me. I think you’re projecting a bit, sir.

Edit 2:

And I don’t argue the same way you do because I don’t go into a game immediately thinking that the game should change to satisfy me. In any game there are rules. You either play by the rules or you don’t play. What you don’t do is say, “The rules need to change to satisfy me.”

That might be fine in a game of Monopoly with friends were you might make up House Rules, but it isn’t okay in a video game where the designers have specific rules in mind and you either play them or don’t.

My point was simply that I’ve also had to sit out many seasons for that reason. As for whether I ever “got used to it” I’m not sure. But it’s not an important point so whatever.

Yes but there’s a difference between wanting to play by the rules and actually playing by the rules. It’s the difference between intent and action. The latter is what can be enforced. The former cannot, seeing as we’re not living in some Orwellian society where people can be persecuted for mere ‘thoughtcrime’. Therefore I’m at least free to desire that the rules be changed, and it’s not your business to control how I think.

I’ve played a bunch of M6 tonight.

The M6 Multishot GR142 clear was a blast, the map was near perfect, Conduit in a festering, Power Pylon for boss. Fire Arsenal rune seems to work best.

This build is A+ strength. It is as strong as WW Rend and LoN Bomb. It rests near the very top, if you consider this balanced.

I played all runes of Cluster Arrow. I cleared GR135 in Battlefields. To confirm what we already know, Hellcat didn’t work on Sentries. Yangs with Crimson was the strongest setup. The LfB rune was best, Maelstrom and Shooting Stars kinda stunk. This build could really benefit from a damage buff. It needs like 5GRs.

We all can see those Autofiring Sentries ARE lazy…. Lol… funny how it wasn’t the player. Lazy turrets.

So the new standings for 5k paragon are:

M6 Multishot: GR145
M6 Cluster Arrow: GR139
M6 Chakram/EA: GR131

I have mixed feelings about nerfing the 6pc bonus due to the class seemingly having no A tier builds. That said, my vote it is to let it stay as 12000% per, unless someone can demonstrate a clear that is mismatched with their paragon.

3 Likes

Hi dmkt, can you elaborate a little about your M6 MS build? (e.g. MS rune/ring/amulet, what to cube, etc) I wanna start to prepare for next patch :slight_smile:

By the way is Tasker still relevant in this coming patch?

Wudijo made a video about Shadow and Marauder:

In the notes to it there are links to builds on Maxroll.

1 Like

Yeah, each sentry hit is definitely strong but the speed of the attacks feel slow. Definitely doesn’t feel like what it use to be (and yes, I did stick 3 spenders on my active skill bar but that didn’t help):

His D3 Planner build has one flaw. He guessed Broadside was the top rune, I thought this too. It was best in potion snapshot, it was best when the player did ALL of the damage.

The actual difference between the potion snapshot and PTR 2.7.2 M6 Multishot is that it takes many more seconds of firing for your Sentries to kill. Your Sentries aren’t intelligent, if they kill a target they might next aim in an inferior angle. Whereas with the potion snapshot, YOU do the rest of the damage after the boom. Therefore, the Rockets work more consistently. Which I was very excited to see.

The other major advantage to Arsenal Rockets is they do enough single target damage to use Enforcer, whereas Broadside can’t hack it on the boss without Stricken.

I hope to see someone clear high with Broadside, but I believe most will have better luck with Arsenal.

So to summarize the less obvious things:

Multishot:Arsenal
Trapped, Zei’s, Enforcer
Cube: DML, Zoey’s RoRG
Jewelry: Endless Walk, CoE
Weapons: Yang’s, Bombardier Rucksack
Hybrid Set: Captain Crimson
Passives: Ballistics, Cull of the Weak, Steady Aim, Custom Engineering

3 Likes

Easiest option would just be to up the multiplier on Manticore, wouldn’t it?

2 Likes

I just posted solutions on PTR:

I should’ve realized that sooner haha. Would’ve shaved off 1-2 min from an incredibly long boss kill.

I wouldn’t rule out the ‘traditional’ variant using F&R and Vengeance Seethe. Both the Russian guy (an extremely veteran DH player) and I prefer this variant, which is more rewarding for those who like a stutterstepping playstyle.

1 Like

Haha before there was CC3, here are some variants:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1dD-I-TR24TwnFHjTDwEoy0F6-eXL5n5

And I found a Speed Build:

I’ve pretty much decided to run Hardcore next season. Running a chakram build. It’s super super tough.

I switched between running Stormshield and a Primal Spines. With the shield, I ran Vengeance Seethe to keep Aquilla up. With Spines, I ran Vengeance Darkheart for even more toughness. Didn’t run any movement skill so it’s pretty slow, but with guardian turret, Aquilla, Numbing Traps, Gizzard (the only gem I have leveled to a respectable degree at 100) to keep Squirt’s up. I didn’t have a Justice Lantern but would run it if I had one, Aughild’s, Elusive Ring (Smoke screen Vanishing Powder for lazy damage resistance). And only 1600 paragon with only 5 levels into Enforcer and Zie’s each. With only ancient gear being the Seething Spines and SoIW and gear poorly rolled I almost pulled off a GR 90. That’s with only 3 Sentries.

In season, with better gear (rolled right but probably not ancient) and similar paragon GR 100-105 will be farming tier toward mid season. It’s pretty fun to face tank most damage.

The periodic Multi-shot Wind Chill’s from the sentries came just often enough to keep the crit chance buff up while I threw Chakrams.

Anyway, I’m probably looking at anywhere between 110-117 at end of season with paragon around in the 2000-2300 range.

Not the best, but respectable for a build that’s more built for defense than damage.

That’s if nothing changes for the build between end of PTR and now.

Anyway, at least it’s looking fun and the Soul Shard gems might bump it up a few tiers.

CC3 plans and Bounties are my bane so far…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: