Marauder's 4pc Pre-PTR Change

The Marauder’s 4pc set bonus was edited in the afternoon of 11/2, BEFORE the PTR start date:

• Correction Marauder’s Encasement (4-piece bonus): Sentries deal 400% increased damage and cast Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow when you do, as well as automatically cast your equipped Hatred spenders.
  • Marauder’s Encasement (6-piece bonus): Your primary skills, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions, Vengeance, and Sentries deal 12000% increased damage for every active Sentry.

The net effect for 5k paragon players looks like this:

CC3M4 Multishot
I pick this as the best comparison for the New M6. So far I’ve tested Elemental Arrow, Cluster Arrow and some Multishot. A decent push will clear GR107. After the inclusion of M6 we’re going to see the following happen

M6 12,000% Sentry Bonus Per Sentry: 601x
M4 400% Dmg Buff Removal: 0.2x

Total Benefit: 120x or 31GRs

M6 Multishot: GR139
M6 Cluster Arrow: GR135
M6 Chakram/EA: GR127

What to ask for…

Manticore: 300% → 700% (5GRs)
Sword of Ill Will: 1.4% → 12.6% (~14GRs)
Augustine Panacea: 250% → 3000% | Slowball @ 900% (14GRs)

I don’t have other suggestions apart from also asking for RCR per Sentry on M4.

CONSIDERATIONS

• The final M6 bonus will produce far more oculus rings, as the Sentries lost 5x damage. The ratio of damage between the Sentry and Player narrowed, so the Player will get larger share of kill credit, thus producing more rings.
  • We cast our Generator quite a bit, this might might lead to free damage from the autofiring Sentries. The gains remain to be determined.

It is possible I underestimated the damage by 3GRs.

6 Likes

So with that change to SoIW, we’re looking at 142-143 at 5K paragon right?

So probably closer to 139 to 140 given that without Yang’s and it’s RCR, you can’t vault as often which mean you’re slower in the movement department which is why I subtracted a few GR’s. You might be killing mobs at a 142-143 clip but moving from pack to pack will be slower.

A Chakram build is going to be slower in general because of the slower movement. So a 120 speed at around paragon 1500-2000 will probably be a 6-7 min run, I’m thinking but could farm as high as 125 but it’ll be around a 10-12 min. (These figures are probably going to be my average. YMMV.)

This all depends on what the soul shards look like and what kind of power they bring of course.

Since I’ll be at 4K on the button, in non season at rollover, I’m probably looking at Speed Farming 130’s in the 5-6 min range. Probably.

But really this all depends on if they buff SoIW, which I’m a little pessimistic about.

So I might just wind up not pushing the leaderboards next season and just tooling around in GR 100-110’s depending on the gems.

Still might be fun just to mess with M6 and experience what I missed in the Original Marauders.

I just tested Elemental Arrow M4CC3. I cleared GR90 without issue. Chakram is the same strength. I could probably beat a GR94 in 20-30 keys and then GR95-96 within 500 keys. This actually means that after the new M6 buff it will do GR127.

After running more tests for Cluster Arrow and Multishot, I saw very lengthy rift guardian kills, particularly with Multishot:Full Broadside.

Cluster Arrow:LfB was a hard push at GR105, with even with great rift conditions, I ran out of time. GR103 felt doable within 100 keys. I think GR104 with 500 keys.

Multishot cleared the rift fine in GR109-110, but the guardian took a really really long time ~10 Minutes. Stricken is needed here. I also ran a GR107 with Enforcer instead of Stricken, the map was good the pylon sequence was slightly off – the RG took 6 minutes, with Power at the boss it would be 100% doable. That said, I predict this build to clear GR139 with 500 keys investment.

3 Likes

A possible rework to give DR to the Marauder set is similar to what I said before but just give Zoey’s affix to the 4 piece so that it would read like this. “You gain X% damage resistance per companion and your sentries automatically shoot your spenders as well as when you do.”

Then maybe they can give Zoey’s Secret the bonus of “You drop 2 sentries at a time instead of 1 and sentries do XXX% more damage” edit: or “you drop sentries twice as fast and they do XXX% more damage” meaning that that you drop 2 instead of 1 and the cooldown is halved. Possibly?

That might work, wouldn’t it?

2 Likes

Just make Zoe reduce Sentry Cooldown by 100%.

1 Like

It was so busted that we got a nerf BEFORE the PTR!

As for the other suggestions, I agree that they should buff Cluster Arrow, Elemental Arrow, and/or Chakram to be more in line with Multishot. Either that, or they can remove Multishot from the Marauder set and bring back the 5x multiplier on the 4-piece set bonus.

If they do the latter, they can have UE as the official Multishot set (and possibly adjust Yang’s and/or DML to balance it). Simply changing the UE 6-piece bonus multiplier won’t work since players will tend to use Hungering Arrow with it. Maybe they can remove hatred generators from the UE set bonus if they buff the bonus higher? The GoD set should be the generator-king set.

2 Likes

So, my M6 play build I’m thinking of…

Impale/Impact for knockback/ sentry suppression fire. Then roll with Devouring Arrow… :joy:

Maybe HPS works with Sentries now like DML?

I put Strikethroughs on Multishot in all of my suggestions for the rework of Marauders. I’m no Chess player, but this skill becoming OP with the absence of Hellcat was predictable.

sNake, made a great suggestion for UE’s 6pc bonus only effecting Spenders, we tuned it further and came up with this very straightforward description:

Unhallowed Essence 6pc
Your Vault, Grenade, Chakram, Elemental Arrow and Multishot deal 2000% increased damage for every point of Discipline you have.

It gets 5.7x or 11 GRs.

Remove HA so it stays on the GoD6, raising the effective power of the skills we care about. It allows Kridershot/Seething Hatred to be completely changed. And maybe with a rework to Danetta’s we can bring back UE6 Grenades in a new way.

2 Likes

GoD should add Rapid Fire to the set as well as keep Strafe.

It would open up an entire new build system around that set.

Danettas has SOOO much untapped potential.

D2: Increase CHC, CDR and RCR by 25% Movement speed is no longer capped at 25%.

CC3A4D2 keyfarmer.

Another question:

Wouldn’t it be more efficient to run with Squirt’s and F&R and let your sentries do their work so you can keep Squirt’s up?

Doubling your sentry damage twice and letting your sentries work seems to me is better than once with Endless Walk. Since you’d be able to keep up Squirt’s easier since you’re not so much in the fray?

I know you’ve been begging for that. Back when N6M4 was doing GR108-115, Impale N6M4 Impale was clearing GR99-100. The gap has closed by about 3-4GRs. I’m guessing GR130 in PTR.

UE6 would have been good home for Rapid Fire due to the penalty for standing still and letting stuff surround you.

This could very well be the best build in conjunction with Manticore and Odyssey’s End. I have a great Primal Odyssey that a friend donated to me, it will be something to try out for sure.

That’s why I’m thinking of a generator (HA:DA) with M6. Using TnT, you NEVER want to fire the spender yourself, you can only slow the turrets down.

So , spam high damage primary that is amplified by the M6, and let the sentry become the suppression fire.

F&R, Squirts, and Gizzard… Hmmm

Deleted for wrong item system…lol

Yeah, I picked up a great Primal Odyssey’s a season ago. RCR and Cooldown on it naturally. That’ll be awesome. Run Aughild’s or Captain Crimson’s and it’s all good to go. Though I’d probably run it with Chakram whether they buff SoIW or not.

I love chakram just too much even if it is a weak build.

Edit:

Dagnabbit! I know I got one a couple of season’s ago but I must have lost it at the end of the end of season during the switch over to my non season stash. Could have trashed it and not gotten out of the envelope.

FML!

This seems a step in the right direction. Not only does it close the power gap between M6 and the other DH sets (while keeping it stronger than GoD), it puts more DPS in the player instead of sentries. Finally the lower tier pushed means better survivability.

The next step would be to remove the autocast from the 4p as that disincentivizes the player from actively aiming and dodging.

Alternatively to the suggestion about about Zoey’s. They could change Trag’oul’s Coils to work on Sentry’s and Spike Trap.

We’d still be without DR on Marauder’s itself but then we could make a choice between Coils and Tasker’s or RoRG for both.

That might be interesting.

Oh boy! The nostalgia squad is coming for you Ronin. I saw old footage of those autofire sentries. I thought the attack rate was slow (1APS), but they attack at around ~2APS.

Will Yang’s Recurve impact them, is there a bonus to apply to Manticore that will only benefit using your Hatred Spender more than your Generator?

MANTICORE (edited)

• Reduces the Hatred cost of Cluster Arrow by 50% and increases its damage by 300%. Enemies hit by your Cluster Arrow take double damage from Cluster Arrow for 3 seconds.

This requires the player to shoot CA at enemies they want kill quicker. Any subsequent CA attacks made by you or your Sentry will hit for double damage.

It might even make Maelstrom and Shooting Stars more valuable at trash clearing, since those rockets can spread double damage to distant enemies via rockets. for You and your Sentries to deal double.

Kiting stuff down the hallway can still be a thing. But this stops the spamming of a generator and forces some resource management.

1 Like

I’d only be okay with this if they changed the 4-piece to also work on generators. Dual Generator builds become a thing with Odyssey’s and NCS. Odyssey’s and Spender’s are thing, and it still encourages this “active playstyle” you want.

no thank you, they removed autocast 6 years ago with the same lazy excuse and it’s time to bring it back.

autocast is an amazing feature and it made the build so much fun to play.
even with autocast you still have lots to do:

• scout,
  • gather mobs
  • debuff monsters
  • dodge UNFAIR affixes. whoever came up with a screen full of plagued surfaces with arcane, cold and lightning in between, I’m looking at you

boy I’m so excited playing M6 again