Marauder / Haedrig's DH feels underpowered (casual PoV)

So I logged onto PTR and simulated leveling without CR cache, with DH. The Marauder DH set feels quite underpowered to me.

Even after receiving a full 6-piece set and supporting my Cluster Arrow based build with Bombadier Rucksack and Custom Engineering as well as COE and Wrath of Clarity, I felt T10 was the end of my comfort zone. Beyond that, I just couldn’t get enough sentries on the ground quickly enough to keep elite groups in check, before they pummeled me.

With 2 piece or 4 piece only, it was a pain. Had I not found a different multiplier before (Ninth Sirri Satchel quiver; Hungering Arrow), I might have discontinued my PTR testing right there.

From my PoV, I’d wish for
a) a multiplier earlier on in the set e.g. 2-piece
b) a bigger multiplier (more sentry damage) for 6-piece

Disclaimer: I’m a casual player. Could well be a skillz issue but I don’t think that matters much for this post. I’m just providing feedback on what starting the season journey with Marauder/Haedrig’s feels like for me in S30, compared to other DH Haedrig’s sets and seasons, like GoD or Shadow.

/edit: Not using soul shards at that point, only the first 2 altar levels (longer kill streak time, no ilvl restriction)

4 Likes

To be honest, tested by PTR,I will put the Marauder, Tal Rasha, and Trag-Oul sets in the Lv1 Character inventory in the next patch to avoid them occupying the stash. They have been nerf too much and have no practical value anymore.

2 Likes

M6 ain’t performing great on PTR LB.

And TBH, I don’t understand why they don’t just leave the power level as is so Nats, S6 and M6 are all viable for end game pushing?

M6 is a sluggish set. Annoying for farming. You wouldn’t ever use it when you have GoD or UE.

This leaves pushing as the remaining use. And for pushing, when you enter a new map, you need to make sure you have max sentries ready to be deployed to minimise the damage drop. Because of this, it should be powerful compared to the other sets for pushing.

For those of us who hate the clunky gameplay of Nats, and wanna do more than just elite hunting with S6, M6 is the set of choice… option of Multishot or Cluster Arrow too. The M6 nerf is way too much and kills variety.

1 Like