Mantle of Channeling reforging

Diablo3, PTR: 2.7.3.81271

Issue: Mantle of Channeling can’t be reforged to Ancient level while equipped in shoulder slot using Kanai’s cube. “Law of Kulle”

Reproduce steps:

1. With the Mantle of Channeling (MoC) equipped on my zdh shoulder slot, open Kanai’s cube.
  2. Select reforge legendary.
  3. Right click MoC to put item in the cube (MoC still highlighted in shoulder slot).
  4. Press fill to put in items for forging.
  5. Transmute.
  6. Accept.
  7. Did steps 1-6 over 300 times, never received an ancient.

**Also doesn’t turn ancient even if I press transmute, look at item change, press fill (without accept), continually.

Negative test:

1. Get an extra MoC item and put in character inventory.
  2. Repeat steps above with item in inventory.
  3. Repeatedly got ancients on the same item over time.

**Do not have issues getting ancient items while equipped in other character slots.

I got one equipped on a DH and after 10-12 attempts, I got an Ancient.

It was a lvl70 MoC?

I gave this a try just now.

It seems you simply had bad RNG. After about 10 tries, I got an ancient version:

2 Likes

Yep, worst rolls ever I guess. We can close bug report then, thanks for the responses.

BTW, another worse roll after filing bug, did another 50 rolls, no ancient :frowning:

If you really did it 350 times, that’s too much for just bad RNG, something else is wrong.

Could this be the reason?

You said you could roll another mantle to ancient from inventory, but can you roll the problem mantle ancient if you move it to inventory? Can you roll another mantle to ancient if you equip it?

Yes, that’s why I ask

Yep, OP posted again after you, without addressing it, which is why I pointed it out again. :+1:

1 Like

That was probably the reason, I threw it away before I saw the lvl 70 comments, thanks for the posts.

2 Likes