Make Hammers Great Again

Hey to all Crusaders. Lastly day I am playing Blessed Hammer Build and fun is so high for me, cuz I hate Holy Shotgun Build and it’s gameplay. Especially is good for me, cuz Blizz created a score board for every single Set. I love this Build since it’s got into the game but a buffs are not enough. I would show problems and propositions to changes (in my opinions ofc).

First the problems in this Build are:

1. DMG buff is needed so much, but we have where to get this on items;
  2. Toughness is very bad. Why? Cuz we can’t wearing or get to Cube Stone Gauntlets or a Aquila Cuirass. Just no more space for that
  3. Falling Sword is like a pillar to this Build, it’s ok, but landing animation is very slow

What I want to changes:

a) Skills

• New rune ‘Jump of Faith’ for Falling Sword (remove for 1 of 4 other runes, but keep Rapid Descent )
    ‘You get 50% more Armor after landing over 8 or 10 sec.’

b) Set

• 2 parts - no changes
  • 4 parts - no changes too
  • 6 parts - DMG of Hammer increase to 17-20k %. Falling Sword gains the effect of ‘Jump of Faith’ and rune have 100% more effecting from it’s

c) Items

• Johanna’s Argument - no changes
  • Guard of Johanna - totally remove currently effect. We have enough items, which give increase DMG to Hammer and as the name (Guard) says it should be for our Defense.
    ‘Every using Hammer (it’s not hit the target) we get reduces damage taken by 1% over 5 or 7 sec. Effect stacks up to 50 times’
    Obviously we can thinking here about for a bit other solution like change time etc., but I think it’s the great idea to make Toughness for us from this Shield and we have good chance on there.
  • Gabriel’s Vambraces - currently it’s useless totally, we don’t have issues with Wrath even on Rift Guardian and everyone get just Strongarm Bracers. Name of change it’s possible too.
    ‘Landing from Falling Sword now is making instantly, but you can’t use that skill for 3 sec.’
    3 sec. CDR is intentional. It’s protect from too OP mobility on this Build and also it’s not problem in fights too.
  • Faithful Memory - no needed changes, eventually a bit more DMG
  • Hammer Jammers - like above

How that’s resolve a showed problems:

1. Increased DMG on Set, Weapon, Pants
  2. New rune from Falling Sword will give 100% to Armor and Guard of Shield additional reduction damage taken. That’s will recompensate Stone Gauntlets
  3. These Bracers will be must have and changing Build for more intensity

How your feels with that guys?

1 Like

Gabriel’s Vambraces are one of the key critical items to make the H-Bomb build work. They are anything but useless. Don’t change anything here, unless you mean to buff them.

Other than that, there is no doubt that the Seeker of Light set could use a buff. It’s pathetic right now.

Overall, Seeker of the Light’s play mechanics work. It just needs a more defense and damage.

One issue is this max CDR solo build variant, is overly CDR dependent, your gear must have perfect 8% and 10% rolls in addition to the Enchantress’s 10% CDR ability. This poses a slight issue when you take the build into a public game, or rag-tag group, without a support char giving defenses to cover the 2 second drop of Akarat’s Champ.

The Simple Approach
Gabriel’s Vambraces: Add a 200% Blessed Hammer damage. Keep existing affix on there.
SotL 4pc: 50% → 75%

Blessed Hammer : 6.4 * 151 * 9 * 5 * 2 * 3.5 * 3 = 913,248x (~450T to first 3 targets)

The More Interesting Approach
SotL 4pc: 50% → 75%
SotL 6pc: Blessed Hammer: 30,000% and Falling Sword: 100,000%
Faithful Memory: Remove 10 target limit AND also boosts Falling Sword damage too
Cam’s Rebuttal: 300% damage

10 Targets Hit
Blessed Hammer: 6.4 * 301 * 9 * 5 * 2 * 3.5 = 606,816x (~300T to first 3 targets)
Falling Sword: 17 * 1001 * 9 = 153,153x (~150T to everything)

20 Targets Hit
Blessed Hammer: 6.4 * 301 * 17 * 5 * 2 * 3.5 = 1,146,208x (~566T to first 3 targets)
Falling Sword: 17 * 1001* 17 = 289,289x (~283T to everything)

Falling Sword will at least be worth its looooonnnng attack animation. The trash will disappear faster. If you don’t kill the elite in 10 seconds, it might be more advantageous to just move to the next trash pile.

20 Targets Hit
Pure Falling Sword w/ Cam’s Rebuttal: 17 * 1001 * 17 * 4 * 2 = 2,314,312x (~2.23Q total or 1.12Q per jump).

3 Likes

One issue is this max CDR solo build variant, is overly CDR dependent, your gear must have perfect 8% and 10% rolls in addition to the Enchantress’s 10% CDR ability. This poses a slight issue when you take the build into a public game, or rag-tag group, without a support char giving defenses to cover the 2 second drop of Akarat’s Champ.

Yes, you are right. I have currently max CDR where it’s just possible on items, on Captain Set, on follower and with max stacked Gogok I have 77.64% CDR. It’s still no perma Akarat cuz it’s 90s - 77.64% = 20.124s. It’s a bit issues sometimes and you die. With other skills the problem doesn’t exist at all (but you can’t play Flash on Iron Skin, otherwise Falling Sword is enough to move up). Playing with Zodiak instead of CoE is DMG down so hard, but that way you don’t need so much CDR. To resolve it maybe new passives for Akarat (example Akarat lasts longer for 3-5 sec.), maybe add new rune for Akarat and give it to items or Set for this Build.

I like you idea for changes, but I still think landing from Falling Sword is slowly and it’s need to change someway.

Personally I would like Zodiac ring to be THE ring so gearing Seeker doesn’t feel the same as AoV, Akkhan, Roland’s and Invoker.

Doing this will require them to add a damage buff to Sacred Harness bigger than what Captain Crimson offers.

So maybe the better course of action is:

The Best Approach
Sacred Harness: Add a 400% Blessed Hammer damage. Keep existing affix on there.
SotL 4pc: 50% → 80%

This matches the damage in the original recommendation, while letting the build have Zodiac ring. That is 5k paragon clearing ~GR139-140.

The defense matches the current build version of the with Captain Crimson, except AC, Iron Skin and the Law becomes permanent after the player swap Zodiac.

RoRG/Aughild can be used in groups as well.

Low paragon players can take RoRG/Hammer Jammers and cube another defensive item or take Unity instead of CoE.

1 Like

Great,holly hammer needs rework,falling-sword needs rapid descent,may holly hammer just like fire bird 4 p bonus falling-sword 0 CD when holly hammer 50 stacks?In addition,invoker and FoTH needs buff 3GR.

Just saying, I proposed a rework to the Light set a while back. I think solves the clunkiness of the play style, while also tweaking its power to be more inline with other builds.

Seeker of the Light could use the following changes to make it far less clunky and help bring it back into… the light.

• The toughness boost on the 4 piece bonus needs to be 75% up from 50% and last 30 seconds up from 8 seconds.
  • Gabriel’s Vambraces the first three enemies Blessed Hammer hits generate 5 wrath.
  • Hammer Jammers using Provoke or Falling Sword increases damage of Blessed Hammer 300-400% more damage from Blessed Hammers for 10 seconds.
  • Faithful Memory enemies hit by Provoke or Falling Sword grant a stack of the Light, increasing damage of Blessed Hammers 60-80% for 10 seconds, stacking up to 10 times.

These changes will help alleviate the awkwardness of having to spam Falling Sword so often, which runs into the problem of needing to refresh your toughness in exchange for less Faithful Memory stacks. Making those stacks behave more like Bone Armor or Soul Harvest will help alleviate that. Wrath generation will also be greatly improved, which should help smooth out the experience. Overall, I think this would make the style more rewarding.