Make blood brother a 1h sword

This would for sure make pig sticker obsolete for invoker builds and allow blood brother to fulfil what seems it’s intended role.
In detail, having a 1h blood brother would increase the attack speed dramatically by combining 1h attack speed with fervor instead of heavenly strength (which also reduces damage by 20%…)
If it means nerfing the set a bit so be it, the meta version of the build should revolve around its intended parts.

No, it would not make Pig Sticker obsolete for Invoker builds.

This is mainly due to the fact that the damage buff from Blood Brother does NOT benefit the 6 piece bonus of Invokers - It’ll boost only the 15k or so hit from Punish, not the several billion hit from the 6 piece.

So even as a 1 handed sword, without fixing the interaction between Blood Brother’s proc and the Invoker’s 6 piece, it would still be a purely defensive option like it is now for Invokers.

If it was fixed AND turned into a 1 handed sword, it would still only be an alternative to Pig Sticker, NOT obsolete, as Pig Sticker would still have the additional attack speed (Roughly 15% or so faster attack speed, keep in mind that you aren’t going to have every Invoker hit buffed with Blood Brother’s block effect), would still have an additional 2 stats (Keep in mind that Blood Brother rolls with a +%damage stat and Pig Sticker actually rolls with an additional primary stat compared to normal weapons), AND would still provide a sizeable flat damage boost against several RGs and some number of elite packs.

So, yea. Blood Brother’s main problem atm is that it’s damage boost does not affect 6 piece. If it was fixed, it would be a viable alternative to the Furnace in cube. If it was turned into a 1 handed weapon and fixed, it would be a viable alternative to Pig Sticker, but NOT a 100% for-sure better option.

1 Like

With a Blood Brother build the defense is so good you actually don’t need prophet and can use hasteful instead so pig sticker ends up pretty much the same attack speed wise in the end. I didn’t know that the dmg interaction was bugged though, that’s a shame…

Due to how much Attack Speed Invoker has from other sources, Hasteful just isn’t that great. Sure, if you can drop Prophet, then Hasteful is solid, but Prophet is essentially both a cheat death ability on a 20 second or less CD, AND provides so much bonus armor that its roughly equivalent to an additional 50% DR, which is much larger then Blood Brothers -30% damage taken on blocked hits.

I’ve made my own version of the build with blood brother, you should try it:
diablofans (dot) com/builds/106466-2-6-6-invoker-the-bloody-champion
Lemme know what you think :slight_smile:

Subpar. Had to drop nearly 11 GRs to actually have a shot at completing a GR.

Spiker - Spikers doesn’t do anything for Invokers anymore, as it merely increases baseline Thorns, not the 6 piece.
Aughilds - Captian Crimson is just far better if you want to use RoRG, 80%+ damage bonus is just superior to 30% (Keep in mind that Invoker’s doesn’t kill trash!)
Huge loss in attack speed for little reason, as Blood Brother, when you decide to use it, is used in the cube.

Despite the continuation of old, outdated guides recommending it, Reflective Skin is equal to a single 2 piece stack. Extremely minor damage increase. Best to instead go for either flash or the increased duration (Generally Flash)
Lack of elites from Pylons REALLY hurt. Nemesis Bracer’s isn’t optional for Invoker, it’s mandatory.

Definitely Flash, as this effectively gives you an equivalent of Illusory Boots enabling you to move through trash mobs to an elite.

Well, it should go without saying that I didn’t think it would perform as well hence the post I made asking for a buff… But in terms of toughness what did you think?