Make a LON RF or hold mats for PTR? (Jan 2020)

Ok so I have pretty much most of the items for LON Rapid Fire, from playing my Monk all season. Ancients too, including a flavor of time. I know LON RF like the back of my hand, and I figure I can just whip out a set of 70 augments and probably get a leaderboard spot.

But!

What if we get a new DH set this PTR? Wouldn’t it be smart to save all of my bounty materials for an ancient weapon on PTR?? Ahhh it’s a tough choice…

Nope. Just make sure to go across to the PTR with a full supply of Bloodshards and the Djank Miemes PTR vendor will sell you caches full of armour / jewellery / weapons / new class-specific items for 25 blood each.

As the PTR will happen during the current season, max out the bloodshards on both your seasonal and non-seasonal heroes prior to copying them to the PTR as they all become non-seasonal on the copy, thereby allowing the temporary over-cap of shards that happens at the end of a season.

Ok thank you. Finally something helpful from you. Lol.

So I can just get multiple armor and weapon packs for ancient. Gotcha.

You really should check my post history. I try to be helpful lots of the time.

Anyway, don’t forget that the PTR also has the 2000% legendary drop rate buff active, so legendaries will be raining from the sky to the extent that you’ll be inundated by them. During the last PTR, I had half of my gear slots as primals within 2-3 days and by the time the PTR was drawing to a close, when I bought caches from the vendor, I’d open them inside a finished GR, only pick up primals, and leave the rest on the ground so they’d disappear when I closed the GR because otherwise the town floor would run out of room to drop them onto.

If you start a new seasonal hero on the PTR, one thing you absolutely will be short of though is white crafting materials as, due to the drop buff, almost all drops are legendaries. So, be prepared to do some Act V, Battlefield runs to click on armour racks for white items.

1 Like