Major Issue That Needs Attention ..!

Fix the botters in this game !!

Cant even run pub bounties with out these poorly set up bots screwing the game up… !!
4k+ Paragon on seasons !! Come on Wake Up Blizzard … !!

2 Likes

In PTR, even with metas, this would mean they would have to be on 24/7 in less than week. Yes, in a PTR seasonal build, I cannot see it as feasible and definitely suspicious in a matter of days.

Wrong forum. This is for the PTR, and bots only run on the current version of the game.

This is the best place to post it … !!

Botting is Rampant in needs to be resolved.

1 Like

Why? For the vast majority of players, it would make absolutely no difference if almost every other ‘player’ was a bot, or if there was no bots at all. What changes would you make to how you play if there was no botters? Would you be able to do higher GR’s if there were no bots? Clear T16 faster with no bots? Be #403 on a leaderboard instead of #791 with no bots?

What difference would it actually make, other than ‘feels’? The leaderboards still wouldn’t be fair and competitive with no bots, right?

I think you don’t quite understand the point. Bots provide an unfair advantage and are a blatant violation of the ToS for the game.

With regard to player skill, there are many skilled players who could compete quite a bit higher on the leaderboards but are limited in time and thus have results dwarfed by players who use bots for endless non-stop grinding. It would be nice if there was a playtime-based or paragon-based leaderboard to better highlight the skilled players with limited time.

The closest we have to this is the challenge rift (I generally rank in the top 20 every week, sometimes in the top 3) but often the builds used in these challenged rifts are very very unorthodox.

Botting is cheating… And yes, it would be nice to jump up the rankings on the leader boards if the botters were removed.

1 Like

Still didn’t answer what difference it would actually make. I don’t care that bots give players an ‘unfair advantage’; someone with no job, no family, no other interests can play 8-12 hours a day, they have an ‘unfair advantage’ too. And, I’m not competing with either botters or no-lifers, so their ‘unfair advantage’ is actually pretty meaningless. A violation of the TOS? Yawn. I don’t care. Doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference to my game and how I play.

This, I agree with. The leaderboards as they are aren’t, can’t be, remotely fair or balanced even if all botters are banned.

What’s at stake? What do they win or gain by cheating? A leaderboard spot? I don’t care! They can have it. It makes no difference to my game or how I play it. Other than the fact I could totally solo a 141, but because botters, I don’t.

All their cheating can possibly gain them is a leaderboard spot. There are 10000 leaderboard spots. Lets say half of those ‘matter’, the top 500 on each, so 5000 actively chased. Players with enough paragon/skill to be top 500 on one leaderboard can easily rank top 500 on others - solo, 2,3 4 player, other classes. Lets say anyone with a top 500 position on one board has 1.5 other top 500 postions, an average of 2.5. That’s 2000 players, per server, that have ranking leaderboard positions. Hell, double it and say 4000. How many of those are botters, how many are no-lifers, and how many are ‘legit’, skillful players being ‘cheated’ out of higher leaderboard spots by botters? A few hundred, absolute maximum. And guess what? I. Don’t. Care about a few hundred players making excuses for not having higher leaderboard spots . And care even less for players who aren’t going to get leaderboard spots under any circumstances pretending that they can’t because botters.

What’s the reward for being #291 instead of #689? Feels.

So tell me. What difference would eliminating bots make to 99%+ of the playerbase?

Feels, right?

Edit: and in before the 'well you’re just a scrub with no leaderboard spots so you can’t speak about things you no nothing about…" It is true that I am a scrub, but not true that I don’t have leaderboard spots; I think my highest position is 128, 3 man board, 2017-1, GR111 in 13.36.950. There’s others - 2, 3, and 4 man in other era;s, nothing better than 350ish or so. Yeah, I’m awesome.

That’s how meaningful and valuable the ‘leaderboards’ are, a scrub like me can rank on them… So remind me again what the fuss about botting is?

1 Like

Some people, like me, that are top 50 solo on various Hardcore leaderboards would go up to top 10.
Some people actually care about leaderboards - you know end game goals to keep you playing the game

Yeah, top 10 solo spots are pretty impressive and worth caring about, but how many players have legit claims on those? And, how do you prove the players above you are botters, and, at the same time, prove that you’re not?

In one season I finished in the top 300 for WD for the season. Now there is no chance I will ever be on any leader board again. I have noticed a big change in the leader board numbers of the last few seasons.
And yes bot actually do change my experience of the game and the way I play. Seasons is limited and you have to work to get on the leader board but with these bots it seems worthless now and I would have to play almost 24/7 to even have a chance.
Getting on the leader board will never be easy anyway with the number of legit players there are. I worked super hard to get top 300 that season and it felt awesome every time that pop up came up saying I had reached a new level on the leader board.
Considering the grind that is Diablo being able to push leader boards is an incentive to put in the work. It should be a fair playing ground, I don’t care if someone wants to all nighters and grind, good for them, they deserve their spot. But we shouldn’t be competing against people who are cheating and not actually even playing the game.

1 Like

Sounds as though you are passively defending botters…curious

Again passively defending botters…

Same bots every prt and Season. ZD on top fuill primal gear in 10-14hrs everytime. All gear has upgrades of 150gems… Been going since season 3. Blizzard flat out does not care. Respect for a person to raise up leader board, and bragging rights. When tops section is filled with Bots, or bots pulling ppl for easy ranks, flat out no reason to push.

Be honest removal of leader boards all together would just be the best thing overall to do at this time. One of the top 4 reason players quit the game, but blizzard does not care. Got the money for sale, has zero feelings if person quits afterwards.

Bots, micro Key just all cheats. See this in all games out there. Everyone here should know the history with Blizzard not caring. Suggest use leader boards for builds for example , after that just not pay attention.

Vendetta -> Nothing worse then a cheater, but a lame flaming forum troll in my mind is worse. Looking at your profile, seems this all you do. Why not move on.

Bots also give a false sense of the true environment for real players. Blizzard looks at a lot of statistics behind the scenes. If they aren’t taking the bots into consideration, they could be making adjustments that hurt active players.

Years back there was concern that the drop-rates were based on some average number of drops across the entire player base or something. I can’t recall the particulars. But even if never came to pass, many players were concerned that they were being punished because the game was “too easy” for the bots.

I also wonder if things like the EULA is similar to trademarks, copyright, and patents. If you don’t constantly defend them, then you lose the right to do so down the road. It’s in Blizzard’s best interest to police the bots, for the sake of a healthier player base.

2 Likes