Maintenance on Friday? Season start soon?

Battle net tells me there’s maintenance on the 15th. Could this mean season end on Sunday and start on the 22nd?

A maintenance on Friday means nothing. They happen every now and then.

Since the 2 week warning hasn’t been given yet, at earliest S29 ends on 31st.

5 Likes

I think it will be returning of holiday gifts

That doesn’t require maintenance, all they need is to switch the event on. All necessary things are already in place.

2 Likes

Where does it say that? If you are here in the USA I’m not seeing that. Neither D3 or D4 are saying there is Maintenance on the 15th.

I play on EU though, not US, so perhaps it’s a downtime specific to the EU data centre.

2 Likes

Yeah, the notice is only there if you have Europe picked, choose Americas or Asia and it disappears.

3 Likes

He is here I think in the USA. Because when I click on his Profile comes up shows it. Or he could be here in the USA, but playing on Europe or Asia.

His US profile has a level 5, his EU profile has seasonal chars and a few thousand paragon non season.

1 Like

A simple maintenance I think, we should not hope for anything more . A bit like the little patches that there can be.

Go your way :slight_smile:

Historically, the next season starts ~16 days after the PTR ends: ~11 days till the season’s end and a 5 day gap between the seasons.

That would put S29 end on 24th and S30 start on the 29th. But that’s in the middle of a holiday week.

Moving it forward a week puts season end on the 31st and season start on the 5th. But the season end still falls in the holiday week.

So maybe another week? The 7th and the 12th, but that seems a long way off.

They could blitzkrieg it and have the season end the 17th and season start the 22nd. But that’s not likely because they almost always gives a ~2 week notice for the season end. EDIT: As suspected, this didn’t happen.

So who knows.

The 31st and 5th are a possibility in my mind. I suspect not much is needed to end a season, so it falling on New Year’s Eve may not be an issue. The real manpower is needed for season launch when all the problems hit, which would be the 5th (a regular day).

4 Likes

Blizzard, when they know :grimacing:

(A little angry with this Altar story, which we don’t know if it’s non-seasonal or not, communication is so bad…)

ps: I know you’re innocent in this story.

5 Likes

I’m peeved too.

Change your mind? Fine, just SAY that dammit. Don’t pull this stealth change to previous announcements crap. SAY that, despite previous announcements, the plan changed.

Jesus

6 Likes

Blizzard:

3 Likes

The only thing missing, which I asked for in a post I created, is YES or NO, from the official team (CM).

Yes or no. Yes? Ok. No? Ok. But “we” wait…

3 Likes

It’d be nice to have the answers here on the official forums

But no, we have to dredge through Tweeter and Shreddit to find some buried response by PezRadar.

4 Likes

My thinking is that since they are moving to a set 3 month schedule for seasons, things that usually happened will no longer be the case now. S29 started Sept 15, which makes the 3 month mark Dec 15. I doubt they would rush a short 1/2 length PTR if they were planning to wait until after the holidays.

If seasons are moving to a consistent 3 month duration they may be adjusting them to work similar to D4 seasons where the end of one and start of the next are nearly simultaneous.

I could of course be way off, but my spidey senses tell me the new season will be up before Xmas. (fingers crossed)

4 Likes

As previously mentioned, they should give the two-week season end notice in the coming days, and most likely S29 will end on 31 December and S30 will start on 5 January.

4 Likes

Starting season in January, would that interfere with the january event and its prelude?

Following Season 30, iconic themes and features from Seasons past will be reintroduced roughly every 3 months

Keyword being “roughly”, and it’s not set to start until after season 30.

I would definitely not hold my breath for that one.