[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

I appreciate your information. Im not mad at you, just not the be able to play the game.
Most ppl who play this game dosnt play for 12+ hours several days in a row. As i said, ive had days without a problems, then suddenly poff, rip. I will try the new packages!

1 Like

good luck mate, i cant say that i played 12hrs+ every day lately, but my game runs like butter. Most in a row might had been 8hours but yeah. No sign that something bad could happen.

Also i remind you patch to fix the fmod freezes might hit live servers tomorrow or eventually next week.

2 Likes

Running 1809 since before the start of this season. i7 9th gen, 1080ti, razer chromaā€¦ all the things people suggest cause the issue and have NOT had one freezeā€¦ once windows tries to force an upgrade, I GUARANTEE it will happen to meā€¦

Prior to this season, I went through issues and issues of this happeningā€¦ alsoā€¦ ps: itā€™s a PitA to force windows to NOT update.

There is noticeable stutter when running Firebird Wizard with >32 sound channels, with a lot more ā€˜FMOD sound ready after x msā€™ lines appearing in D3Debug.

No its not. You can do it permanently with Regedit or Powershell scripts quite easy.
If you dont know how to do this kind of stuff there is help on youtube.

F.e. Chris Titus made an easy PowerShell script which has a Gui with buttons where you can disable Windows updates for 3years and even keep security updates and he also added a button to revert everything if you decide to undo it, so its basically copy an URL paste it into Powershell and click what you need. So if you are using 1809 or above that shouldnt be an issue.

I came to d3 after yearsā€¦and noticed my game freezes 1-2 times per GR.
I looked for this on the internet and found out that this is a problem for more than 1 year now.
Blizzard you have totally failed!!! ALL YOUR MANAGERS SHOULD DEMISE. THEY ARE TOTAL FAILURES FOR YEARS!!!

I see a list of programs that overlay with d3. Discord is one of them. THIS IS NOT NORMAL! I WOULD RATHER PLAY POE WITH FRIENDS ON DISCORD THAN PLAY D3 ALONE.

1 Like

then u donā€™t know, that blizzard have internal voice chat via Battle.net app, so u dont need discord anymoreā€¦

I donā€™t use discord only for d3. I use it for more things. If they want me to close discord so I can play d3, then i will close d3 to keep using discord.

How can I share my screen on d3? How can I share files on d3? Maybe I am on discord with my friends and I just want to do a few GRs (which is how I came back). Why should I close discord in order to do that properly?

Anywaysā€¦your argument is invalid. Why should I close another app so d3 would work? This is a big time failure! Are you really defending this crap development?

Todays Patch fixed the 5-10 second freezes for me!

YAY can play with sound again. No more copying and pasting of the Fmodex64.dll file.

1 Like

Since yesterday i have this problem now. My OS is Windows 8.1. Has this patch solved the problem for Windows 10 and shifted it to Windows 8.1 users?

this is quite possible

@Rick7733: Hi !

I would suggest that you start a new topicā€¦ just in case Blizzard is no longer monitoring this thread since Patch 2.7.1.77744 has been released. Also, the freezing you are encountering could be caused by something else.

A new topic would have more ā€œchanceā€ of attracting Blizzardā€™s attention.

I would suggest also that you follow the steps we used during the PTR; of course, you will be using the live version since PTR is not available :

and :

Posting your D3Debug.txt file could confirm that you are being hit by the FMOD issue.

You may also want to include your DxDiag report (see Part 2 of Blizzard Support - Obtaining System Files) through Pastebin in your new topic.

Finally, just in case you donā€™t know how to post screenshots of your video and sound settingsā€¦ you need to upload your screenshots to a picture hosting website, such as imgur.com, and put a link (converted to preformatted text) in your reply. To convert a link to preformatted text, highlight the entire link and use the </> button on the formatting bar at the top of the composition window.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Just to cap off this thread and wrap it up, this freezing issue was resolved via a patch on August 31st and we now consider the widespread freezing problem fixed. Our Diablo 3 team was able to work together with the community (thank you!) to investigate and test changes via the PTR Pop-Up | Focus on Freezing Issue earlier last month.

If anyone comes across this post in the future and is experiencing a new Diablo III freezing issue, please post all of the details and a DXDIAG report in a new thread.

Thanks!

3 Likes