[Main Thread] Problem Loading Game License Code 395000 / Error 300016

I ended up switching to 32bit and it worked after i selected public for firewall, then i changed it back to 64 bit and ran bnet in administrator just in case and launched 64 bit successfully logged in.

i tried many things, changing to 32bit mode, checking all diablo 3 related items in my firewall to private and public, i even tried turning off my firewall completely and nothing seemed to work, so i turned back on my firewall and put it back on 64bit mode and logged in instantly.

i also get the same error and cannot play man :frowning:

CTRL-ALT-DEL ~>Task Manager~>Select Battle.Net APP and EndTask. Right click on Diable III and ‘Switch to’. Was able to retrieve my player list on first try.

yea i just tryed to start up the game and it wont even start up just flashes on my screen and gives me a error i tryed repairing it and reinstalling it and nothing still happens so idk

Thank you for your reports and sharing what’s worked for some of you. Our team is actively looking into these issues and we’ll provide updates when available.

In the mean time, I wanted to share some possible workarounds for the issue that some of you shared already. Some of these may not work for everyone, but please feel free to give them a try!

• Try switching to and launching in 32-bit mode.
    1. On the Blizzard Application, go to Diablo III.
    2. Click on Option :gear:, then go to Game Settings .
    3. Scroll down to Diablo III and check “Launch 32-bit client”
    4. Retest Diablo III.
  • Change the game region and switch back.
  • Turning off and on the Windows Firewall.
  • Manually logging in. Launch through the Blizzard Application, cancel the login and manually enter in the email and password for the account. This may take a few tries, if you have issues, try again about 4-5 times.

This is not a fix, but possibly a workaround until we have more information to share with you all on the issue. Hopefully, one of these options help! If there is something that worked for you, that isn’t listed here, please feel free to share! I’ll try and keep this list updated as well :slight_smile: Thanks again, everyone!

Problem still here europe server, tried all the workarounds and no luck :frowning:

Hey there, Ogard,

We actually stopped getting anywhere near as many reports of this about a month ago. There was a temporary issue in July but reports of this have fallen to normal. Keep in mind that these error messages often have many different causes. Which exact error are you getting currently, Ogard? Do you have the same issue when trying to log into another region?

Same for me, tried starting the game after many years. Nothing worked. Eventually tried region Americas, no problem. But when I try my own region Europe it fails with a 300016 when “Retrieving Hero List”. No doubt my ancient character on the Europe server is the cause of the problem, and Americas works because I have none there.

Berdyon,

Ogard appears to have been able to get back in. Can you retest this for me and put in a ticket if it fails? On the whole the core problem seems to now be resolved. If it is an account issue you’ll need to submit a ticket to get it fixed, but it’s possible things are fine for you again.

In any event, your situation is likely unrelated to the situation we were working on earlier if you’re still having problems. These error codes are generic, so can be caused by a large number of things. For anybody else having this problem at this time, please create your own thread or submit a ticket.

My situation has been resolved. Europe works again. Thanks.

1 Like

Hey, all! I’ve gone ahead and reopened this thread. As of the last day or so, our team has seen an increase in the 300016 error specifically. We strongly advise to run through some basic connection troubleshooting and the steps above.

2 Likes

I just installed d3 after a year or so, had the same issue.
My region is eu and got 300016 error when it says retrieving character list.
Was able to log in to american server ( I have 2 lvl3 chars there so data is small)

I did disable-enable windows defender
Tried 32bit thing
Restarted computer and router nothing worked

Only thing that worked was, manually logging in through d3 client instead of auto authentication via battle.net launcher

After 2-3 tries manually entering password it worked.
Hope this helps to anyone else having this issue

Same error here, stuck on “Retrieving character list” but i didn’t manage to log in. Im in EU as well.

Had the same error… I just relogged and restarted my computer several times until it worked. Took about 30 minutes - 1 hour

This error on clan and on comunity for almost one month and today… Congratulations Blizzard!!! now nothing works on the clan… no chat, no recruit no kick nothing!!! what can be worse??? i send some mail and say thanks for your patience but my patience is gone…

The past week I have been getting this error after I log off of D3 without rebooting. Once I disconnect from the game, I can sign in fine and start a game, but once it actually tries to start the game, I get the game license error. Only rebooting helps. This is the only application with which I have this issue.