[Main Thread] - Error 24004 connecting to public server

Same in here please help I want to play

WisdomWish

• What region?

US Americas ( I am from Colombia south america)

Does this happen on a different character?

Does

Does this happen on an alternative connection or VPN?

NO

While attempting to join GRs in public tells me the error and I am not allowed to join GRs, please help me.

• What region?
  • I am from Malaysia playing on US Server
  • Does this happen on a different character?
  • Only tried on my barb and only when try to join Greater Rift Public Groups face this problem. Bounties & Rift is OK*
  • Does this happen on [an alternative connection] or VPN?
  • Didn’t use VPN.

Hi everyone,

Seems many of you are South East Asia players playing in Americas region. Just in case you don’t know, Americas region has a server in Australia. Have you tried using AU server, rather than US server?

You may force the launcher to use a server by adding an argument on the launcher settings:

Use these arguments:

Region Server Argument
Americas US OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=Default
Americas AU OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=AU1
Americas SA OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=SA1
Asia TW OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=TW3
Asia KR OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=Default
Europe EU OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=Default

Make sure using the corresponding arguments for a region. Otherwise, you’ll get an error when launching.

Please revert if using AU server solves your issue.

1 Like

Cool trick, as a work around I CAN use alternative arguments and match-make with either of the other servers. Unfortunately, there is only 1-2 players on either of these matchmaking servers, which doesn’t help the issue much.

At the very least its clear the matchmaking on US server is experiencing problems and should be addressed.

and what is the cause on America sever that cause unable to play pub gr? ?

1 Like

I have no idea. Two possibilities:

1. US public server has some issues. But since many of you are from SEA, I think it is not the cause.
  2. Internet issue. As I said above, there is a cable cut issue. The problem seems still outstanding because no update on the web page linked (usually they would mark “Fixed” if the issue is fixed.)

Why only public games are affected?
I have no idea too. Perhaps some data need to be sent to the client are blocked.

Above is just my wild guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have the same problem, just when trying to join GR public games. code24004

I will note I am from Canada with the same issue. So it isn’t an exclusive problem to SEA.

TY…and noted as per explanation

Same in here please help I want to play

WisdomWish

• What region?

US Americas ( I am from Colombia south america)

Does this happen on a different character?

Does

Does this happen on an alternative connection or VPN?

NO

WIN MTR
/
| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.1.254 - 2 | 215 | 211 | 1 | 63 | 303 | 2 |

While attempting to join GRs in public tells me the error and I am not allowed to join GRs, please help me.

You WinMTR report is incomplete. But, your router(?) has 2% data packet loss and high latency. This is abnormal, and indicates some issues between your PC and your router. Try the troubleshooting article:

Are you playing in NA (north america) server?
Have you tried the SA (south america) server?
(or vice versa)

May be try connecting to SA (south america) server, or AU. Just to get a comparison.

I have tried both and both work fine. Just US server.

• What region?
    North America Server. I live in Canada
  • Does this happen on a different character?
    Happens on all my non-seasonal characters (I don’t play seasonal)
  • Does this happen on an alternative connection or VPN?
    On Mobile Tethered I still get this problem. My ISP is TELUS. I am from Canada.
  • Gather a WinMTR file until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:
~~~
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                           192.168.1.254 -    0 |  601 |  601 |    0 |    0 |   12 |    1 |
|                             10.29.202.1 -    0 |  601 |  601 |    9 |   13 |  105 |   14 |
|               STTLWAWBCI01.bb.telus.com -    0 |  601 |  601 |   39 |   40 |   93 |   40 |
|                            154.11.2.145 -    0 |  601 |  601 |   42 |   47 |  121 |   63 |
|              ae1-br01-eqse2.as57976.net -    0 |  601 |  601 |   64 |   67 |  126 |   95 |
|       xe-0-0-0-1-br01-eqsv5.as57976.net -    0 |  601 |  601 |   62 |   66 |  120 |   64 |
|        et-0-0-29-br02-eqsv5.as57976.net -    0 |  601 |  601 |   66 |   69 |  168 |   67 |
|       xe-0-0-1-1-br02-eqla1.as57976.net -    0 |  601 |  601 |   64 |   71 |  173 |   91 |
|              be3-pe02-eqla3.as57976.net -    0 |  601 |  601 |   63 |   68 |  159 |   65 |
|                           24.105.30.129 -    0 |  601 |  601 |   64 |   65 |  109 |   65 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
~~~

having this issue in US. Connected to AUS server and its working now.

…but there’s nobody to play with. lol

1 Like

Haha yes this also worked for me and i had the same problem with both servers. There was one other person so not helpful but maybe from a troubleshooting perspective its helpful to know its isolated to US matchmaking servers

I see. May be something wrong in US server. Hope that these information would help support troubleshooting.

Thanks for you help in the matter. Does appear to be isolated to the US matchmaking server. Hopefully this can be addressed soon.