MacOS Support for Diablo 2 R Please!

I know it is a long shot, but if you do give MacOS Support for D2R it’ll make a tonne of Apple Users happy. Especially I use my Mac Primarily as a music production laptop and now my main laptop.

Moreover it is very dumb and stupid that you have MacOS Support for WarCraft III Remaster, StarCraft 1 Remaster, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, D3, yet you don’t have MacOS support for D2R. Please fix it!

13 Likes

This is a Mac problem, not a Blizzard problem. The compatibility issue is a biproduct of decisions made by Apple, not Blizzard.

Sorry, it is disappointing :frowning:

8 Likes

that’s true… but it also depends, if blizzard waiting to spend a TON of money they could spent the time to make run on mac… but they would need to really estimate if its worth the time and development costs to port to to mac OS.

how many gamer really don’t have a PC.

i would wager that it is likely worth the costs, but it will prob be a much later than launch if it is done

macs only take up approximately 8%, of gamers.

and its not just about “costs” either… sure blizzard might determine make a bit more money for making it for mac, but if they also think those people who are making it for make could be doing X instead and make 5x as much money by working on another project… well they wont do the mac. at least until they have a where they have the resources to spare

so its not just as simple as “its profitable” its also. is it more profitable than the other stuff i could be used my resources for

why do people use mac pcs its proprietary garbage

6 Likes

Loooooo25lettersoooool

1 Like

Apple is one of the worst, their products are way to over priced for the supposed quality of the item.

Quality is great and their customer service is great. I had one but it’s not my cup pf tea so I sold it and got an asus g14

Geezer is correct. Blizzard would like to, but it is not reasonable right now with what Apple does tech wise. If that changes though I am sure they would certainly consider bringing it to Mac again.

2 Likes

Macs run virtual machines very well, often even better than a physical box. So, that’s what I do when I want something the Mac cannot do natively. Many of the VM solutions are free as well.

1 Like

This would be excellent, I just recently sold off my huge overkill quad 4k monitors 3080 ti gpu gaming tower setup, and switched to a MacBook Air (M1) because I will soon transition to living a more mobile lifestyle.

It would be great if D2 was ever compatible with MacOS. I found that I really only play Starcraft 2, Hearthstone, D2/D3, and some WoW occasionally once in a blue moon (new content releases) none of which require a massive overkill $10,000 setup like I had.

Plus Adobe Premiere Pro is a complete rip off and Final Cut Pro is more budget friendly long term because I only do occasional video editing for YouTube content related to outdoor lifestyle stuff. (another reason for macOS)

Just my 2c, hope it happens one day.

I have a new Mac because its best suited to the work I do. Gaming is a bit annoying because mac dropped 32bit support. and thats whats preventing D2R from the platform.

But a small 1T ssd drive is a perfect solution. I have Windows installed on it. Runs fantastic and solves any gaming issues.

2 Likes

I use a Mac and Bootcamp. Will play on either OS but it would be nice to get some MacOS support, just like the original D2!

1 Like

I have bad news about that

Well, they have to fix this right now because I can’t allow this problem to happen for Mac users that use it to work like me on music projects and other things.

1 Like

We have the new M1 Chip. It is performing amazingly. Mac could be making the next best gamer chips, the ram works for the CPU and GPU. If Blizzard made Diablo 2R for mac, intel would begin to lose value. I also think blizzard would get a lot of new customers. A mac market is definitely congruent to a Blizzard’s market on many demographics and psychographics.

1 Like

Yes please add mac support when possible.

4 Likes

Your mistake of buying a Mac doesn’t give you the right to complain about compatibility.

I do. Because it’s the job scope that needs the ecosystem of a mac.
So no, your argument is invalid.

I play the original Diablo 2 on my Mac m1 without any problems. I use windows 11 and it runs smooth. Would love to see Diablo 2 res updated to the M1.

4 Likes