Mac OS Big Sur Exiting Game Bug

Hi,

Every single time, I quit a game of Diablo 3 on Mac OS Big Sur, when I am returned to the Mac OS desktop, the Mac OS app dock is gone. I need to go to the Display settings and switch resolution to make the dock reappear. Is this a known issue? I am using the new MacBook Pro M1.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Same MacBook, same problem.

1 Like

One thing is sure. Don’t try Diablo 3 with Big Sur 11.1 Beta 1. The game won’t even start.

1 Like

Hmmm, while there is the game slowness issue, I am able to play it on a intel base iMac (i7) running macOS Big Sur 11.1 beta (20C5048k) - November 17, 2020

1 Like

I can’t get the game to run on my M1 Mac mini How did you guys get it to run?

1 Like

Hi, minus the exiting game bug, the game was running fine with Big Sur 11.0.1 last time I played. Make sure you have updated from Big Sur 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 but don’t use the 11.1 beta 1, it is not working. Hope it helps

1 Like

Same problem as OP - running on a MacBook Air M1, Big Sur 11.0.1

1 Like

Hi, has anyone tried Diablo 3 on the new Big Sur 11.1 beta 2? I am curious to know if the game runs on it and if so how well.

1 Like

I had no problems other the obvious town graphics slowness with looking at inventory, blacksmith, stash when not in area 2 town. Start up, exit D3 s22 running 11.1 beta 2. It’s been stable for several hours with rifts, GRs.

1 Like

Yes, working fine on my M1 mini

1 Like

same OS, same problem as OP, but I am using an M1 MacBook Air

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem. Is it the dock only that disappears? I am worried it is causing an issue on my new Apple M1 laptop! Also, please help with how to resolve the problem? Are there any in-game settings I can change that might resolve it?

I have tried using the PS4 game instead but it is just not the same.

Update: After exiting the game I went to Display preferences. Scaled option and then ‘more space’ which has brought the dock back not sure if the resolution has changed all seems the same?

New OS update today. It might fix that issue?