M1 Mac No Sound Diablo 3

I’ve started to have an odd issue with Diablo 3… it also seems to effect StarCraft 2. All of a sudden no sound is playing. No matter what setting I put, there’s no sound and the only output settings I have in the game is “Default”. When I connect my PowerBeats Pro suddenly sounds start playing through the Beats and I have all my output settings available. At which point I can choose Mac Mini Speakers and it’ll work… until I put the beats back in there case… then the audio stops again. Even if I put the headset back on it won’t play audio again until I quit and relaunch the game…

I have a Mac Mini M1 running Monterey that I just fully updated

3 Likes

I had the same issue - found that the Apple silicon native version of the zoom client was causing a conflict.

After removing the zoom client, all traces from the library + the audio plugin itself followed by a restart sound returned as normal.

2 Likes

What are the graphics like on those M1s?

I am having the same issue. Lost all sound on my Mac Mini M1. Outside of Diablo sound works fine but no sound at all in D3. Tried un-installing and reinstalling, rebooting and still no sound. It was working fine until a couple of days ago. Not sure exactly what to do so any help is appreciated.

Lost all sound (music and gameplay) on my Mac Mini M1. Outside of Diablo sound works fine but no sound at all in D3. Tried un-installing and reinstalling, rebooting and still no sound. Reviewed and set everything to default in game options and nothing. It was working fine until a couple of days ago. Not sure exactly what to do so any help is appreciated. Running Monterrey 12.4

I had the same issue. Everything worked fine on my M1 Mac mini. Then the sound stopped. I tried removing Zoom, but that didn’t fix it. I then turned on my headphones and could hear the sound. I was then able to choose a different output from the drop down menu. (Before it just had ‘default’ as the only option)

is this already solved? I also have same problem after I update it with patch 2.7.2. its been a week now that I did not play. I already send a ticket on blizzard but still no response. please help if any. you can email me if you want: [Removed by moderation team]

By the way im using mac M1

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the reports! If you are still being affected by this, could you provide us with the system information? Click on the Apple Menu (top-left) and then “About this mac.” Please include the mac model, processor, memory, and graphics.

This will help us isolate the underlying cause. In the meantime, if you haven’t already, please try any relevant steps on our sound troubleshooting article.

In the meantime we’ll continue to gather and track your reports here, and if we have any new information on the situation, we’ll do our best to keep everyone updated on the matter.

1 Like

I already send in support. I think I will just wait for the next update for D3. I tried all the advice but still no luck.

It worked after a couple of days but now I’m back with no sound on my M1 iMac. What is going on?

After update in mac the game sound will work but when you quit and start the game again you wont hear any sounds again, and only “default” in the game sound settings

As workaround - cheap external usb sound card can be used.

I already have a solution. I remove my external drive and boom I can hear the sound again.

1 Like

Just putting this here for anyone that stumbles across this thread wondering if there is a solution: If you have Microsoft Teams installed, use this set of steps to resolve the problem with missing sound.

1 Like