Low damage with 6 set pieces?

I got a DH with 6 Shadow set pieces and I have around 600k damage while I see people with over 3.000.000 damage. I heard its about rolls on your armor and weapons but I don’t really get it. I also have the best gems. If you guys could explain it a little better it would be great.

There are some videos and tutorials online. The thing is depending on the class and the set it can vary depending on the type of skills etc and the build.
Here’s a video tutorial on the shadow set the first one that popped up.
Also look up icyveins - I believe he covers every class and set.

1 Like

If you are speaking about you char on EU servers than yes. It is about your rolls on items. You can import your char into d3planner and play around a bit and see how sheet damage is changing. Just keep in mind that sheet damage is not accurate indication of your damage potential. There are things that give you more damage but are not counted in sheet damage.

1 Like

You are low paragon, while most with that kind of damage are usually high paragon.

Also, you are low on crit chance and crit damage. You also have few ancient items and the ones that are ancient aren’t augmented. You also don’t have sockets on all your jewelry.

Basically, you need better gear. It’s not just the items themselves, but the properties on the items that are important. Enchanting the items can make them better, too.

1 Like

There are a lot of factors that go into to buffing damage: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, attack speed, good stat rolls on gear, ancient, ect. Then there are the buffs that do not register on the sheet dps such as elemental damage, set buffs, legendary gems, and legendary item buffs. Paragon also plays a large in it as well, especially post 800 where every point is either five vitality or five strength, dexterity, or intelect. If a player alternates between their primary stat and vitality every 400 levels is literally a primal weapon’s worth of raw stats.

The people you see with those numbers most likely have really good rolls on their gear, most of their gear if not all ancient, and probably have a primal or two in there as well.

1 Like

Here are some quick and easy things you can do with your S6 gear to increase damage:

Helm - Roll Rapid Fire to Crit Hit Chance

Shoulders - FoK to Cool Down Reduction

Travelers Pledge - Vit to Socket

Gloves - LpS to Crit Hit Damage

Pants - LpS to Vit

Boots - Movement Speed to Impale Damage

Karlies Point - Roll socket to % Damage and use a Gift to add a socket

Holy Point Shot - Find another. Yours does not have CHC, Cold damage or Impale damage. It’s really kind of worthless. Reforge it until you can get at least two of the above.

Change vault to Rattling Roll

On your Compass Rose, you should have rolled off movement speed to a socket.

You need sockets in your jewelry so you can take advantage of legendary gems.

Then gear up your Enchantress per the followers guide that can be found in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Hope this helps

Edit: Since you are fairly early in your D3 journey, I’d highly recommend that you start to focus on one class for awhile. The above changes will use up a good deal of mats. You have 8 non-season characters under 800 para so your mats may be spread pretty thin. When you build up one strong class, farming mats will become much easier and then you can start building new classes.

4 Likes

cold damage bonus,critical strike to 50 percent,500 percent plus crit hit damage,best impale weapon with high weapon damage.

1 Like