Lost two royal gems when augmenting

I lost two flawless royal emeralds when augmenting the sledge of athskeleng at Kanai’s cube…

Were you using the Gem of Ease, by any chance?

Bane of the powerful and ofc the 3 flawless royal emeralds

Looking at your Armory Profile, your Seasonal Necromancer has the Sledge equipped. It is Ancient and it still has Required level: 70 on it.

Are you sure you manually put all the items in the Cube? The item itself has not changed, so you should be able to try it again.

Make sure you:

1. Manually place the Ancient Sledge of Athskeleng in the Cube.
  2. Manually place three Flawless Royal Topaz1 in the Cube.
  3. Manually place your Bane of the Powerful, minimum Rank 30, in the Cube.

1 I don’t know why you’re using Flawless Royal Emeralds to augment your Necromancer’s gear. You do know that the Caldesann’s Despair Recipe uses the Gems’ Other Property for the Augment, right?

Augmenting with Flawless Royal Emeralds will add Dexterity to a Weapon (or other item), not Critical Hit Damage.

Augmenting with Flawless Royal Topaz will add Intelligence to your item(s), which will increase your Necromancer’s Damage and All Resistances.

Thanks, I do understand the process, but the problem is that I had three (3) flawless Royal Emeralds, the transmute failed, it even gave an error message and than there was only one (1) of the emeralds left. So I lost two (2) of them :frowning:

There are no cube recipes that would consume two flawless royal gems and leave one behind. So, what was the error message?

2 Likes

What Meteorblade said.

Too bad you didn’t take screenshots. One showing exactly what you put in the Cube and one showing the error message you received would have been ideal.

Unfortunately, I doubt if Blizzard’s QA Team will be able to reproduce this and therefore will not be able to “fix” it.

And, as another player myself, I have not had a problem augmenting my gear.

I wish you luck on your next try.

2 Likes

No, that’s exactly the point I’m trying to make. How can I explain clearer that the transmute failed and two gems were lost?

I went to the cube, chose calldesan’s despair recipe, put in three (3) flawless royal emeralds, one lvl 35 bane of the powerful and the ancient legendary sledge of athskeleng. Than I pressed transmute, and in red letters the message: Transmute failed. appeared. And like all in game text this faded and disappeared.
I wanted to try the transmute again, but noticed than 2 gems wore gone, they were not on the ground, not in the stash, not in the inventory, they just vanished into thin air.

Do you really make screenshots of all the transmutes you carry out?

I don’t need luck, just 98 marquise emeralds and close to 10M in tokens… :cry:

No, I don’t. But, if I had an augment fail the way you described, I would have tried it a second time. I would have put exactly the same components in the Cube that I did the first time and taken a screenshot of that. Then, I would have clicked the Transmute button and when the error message popped up, I would have taken another screenshot of that.

Actually, I would have made a video of it. That way, I could show all the components I used (by mousing-over them). And then clicking the Transmute button showing the error. If I didn’t get the error message the second time, I would believe I did something wrong the first time and just move on.

We don’t know you. We did not see exactly what you did. We are not having this issue. So, how can we believe you just because you say so?

We don’t work for Blizzard. We’re just players, like you. We’re trying to help you figure out why your augment didn’t work. If you don’t want the help, that’s fine by me.

It all boils down to this:

• You reported what you believe is a game bug. It will either be fixed or it won’t. You can’t do any more here than you already have.

Good luck and good hunting.  

2 Likes

It probably won’t be fixed because as it appears now I’ve been talking to some fellow gamers and not any Blizzard employee did respond.

Hmm, you trying to insinuate that I’m dumb and probably lying isn’t of much help, thank you very much. Pointing to similar cases whit resolves would be helpful, showing a way to retrieve some kind of error or action log out of the program that would be helpful.

And if I had the mats I would of course repeat the process, and document it, that’s indeed a good idea. But hey guess what? Two third of my mats vanished. So I need to grind for an other 20+ hrs to get to the point of being able to repeat it at all…

Replies from Blizzard are in Blue text. Scroll through this forum and see how often they respond. Maybe once every 4-5 months?

This is a one-way forum for reporting bugs. If they can reproduce it, then maybe it will get fixed.

No one else has reported this. You are the only one. That is why the consensus is user error, not a game bug. There would probably be more reports otherwise.

There are no D3 logs as in other games like WoW.

I would suggest watching some videos on playing efficiently.

If you had to farm 3 flawless royal gems and grind a level 35 gem, it should take maybe 1-2 hours at most. Wear a broken crown and run a few boss bounties or vaults.

Also: Don’t augment Sledge of Athskeleng. It is utterly useless for anything other than the first few hours of gameplay.

1 Like

No… I’m not. We all make mistakes. I’m just wondering if you made a mistake and didn’t realize it at the time.

I don’t think you’re lying. Not intentionally. I’m just trying to point out that screenshots and videos would be of great help to back up your report.

If you took the time to even read How to Write a Good Bug Report you would know this. Here is a quote:

Finally, it always helps to attach a link to Imgur (or another picture hosting site) that displays a screenshot of the bug. If you need to include a video, link to a video as well.

What Mats? You still have the Weapon. It hasn’t changed. Sure, it costs a lot of Gold to craft 3 Flawless Royal Emeralds. But, that shouldn’t be an issue. If you’re at a point of augmenting your gear, you should be farming high enough Torment Levels to get plenty of Gold. You only need 12 Death’s Breaths. And you said you used a Rank 35 Bane of the Powerful.

In the time you’ve spent posting in this thread, you could have augmented all 13 pieces of your gear.

And they probably won’t. Here’s another quote from How to Write a Good Bug Report:

We read every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, we will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. We will ignore and possibly delete any post that simply says “Bump” or demands a response from a Blizzard poster.

And that’s why some of us players try to help out. But, as I said earlier, if you don’t want the help…

Just for the record, I’ve tried to reproduce your “bug” with my Demon Hunter on the Asia Region. I used:

• 1 Ancient Hellfire Amulet
  • 1 Rank 50 Bane of the Powerful
  • 3 Flawless Royal Emeralds

It worked just fine. You can see her here (of course it’s in Korean):

https://kr.diablo3.com/ko/profile/Perusoe-1251/hero/71940491

And, if Blizzard’s QA Team tried to reproduce this, I’m sure they got the same results.

Just a side note: I don’t augment any of my gear and complete every Season… on three Regions. Americas, Europe and Asia.

The only item I augment is one I have to in order to complete a Season Journey Objective. In which case, it doesn’t matter which item I augment. Only that I get credit for the Objective.  

Of course, it would be wise to augment the proper items if you plan on pushing the Leaderboards.

2 Likes