Lost Season 17 Wings Forever?

I was one conquest away from getting my wings and the season just (surprisingly) ended. Have I lost my shot at the cosmic wings forever?

There is a sticky on the General Discussion forum, there is a notice on the battle.net app. How can you say you were surprised by season end?

Seasons now seem to be recycling rewards for the seasons, so the wings may eventually come up again.

2 Likes

Thanks for condescending! I’m very stupid! Also, new to the game and the D3 forums! Hopefully, my stupidity won’t affect you any further! My apologies for the inconvenience. Please pick this comment apart to tell me more about my stupidity!

1 Like

Hello EachItAndl,

“Forever” is an awful long time… :slight_smile:

Blizzard seems to be re-introducing previous Season rewards; for example, Season 17 (the season that just ended) re-offered the cosmetic rewards of Season 5. Season 18, which starts on 23 Aug, will offer the cosmetic rewards originally offered in Season 6. You can read about it here: Season 18: The Season of the Triune Now Live - Diablo III

The Galactic Wings, which you unfortunately missed, may be back as well… hopefully before season 29 when, if Blizzard is still offering previous season rewards, the rewards for season 17 will, perhaps, be re-offered. Assuming a season is roughly 3 months long, season 29 will occur in 3 years!! I realize there is a lot of IFs in my post… trying to predict what Blizzard will do in the distant future is impossible.

The only advice I can give you is to keep an eye on the Diablo III homepage for news.

2 Likes

No, we will get the chance again but we don’t extacly know when. It could be S24 or S28 or S31, it will come again but not sure on which Season.

1 Like

Thanks SeuTiBeun! and Boubou Even I can understand that!

Ok so Cosmic wings are always available. They do not go away and are just a rare drop from a rainbow goblin. Eachitandi do you see what I did there? I actually read the information provided and then respond. This is what you should have done that TimberWolf suggested. Also the wings you are referring to are Galactic wings.
Just saying!!!

Beautiful! Thanks for picking apart my stupid post! Now I know that the “New Player Help” forums are actually for seasoned players that have the app, subscribe to all topics, play incessantly, and research everything before posting “New Player” questions! How embarrassing for me!

But to be honest, I don’t see what you did there, can you please explain in detail what you did there?

I read your post. Understood what you were saying. Became informed. Then responded. This is what you should have done at the log in screen every time you log in. Don’t get upset at others when its your fault you are not informed.

Seems like my way is easier…
Also, it seems like this is what new players are more likely to do until they become as amazing as you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!!! Best compliment I have received in the last few hours.

Anything to encourage this kind of environment on the “New Player Forums”! Keep it up!

1. The sticky is only on the US forum. There isn’t one on EU, despite me asking why. Regardless, we shouldn’t have to check the forums for this anyway when the launcher should be telling players.
  2. They haven’t done a “Season XX Ending Soon” blog since S14 ended. Those blogs used to give at least two weeks’ notice of the end of a season and also cover exactly what happens to your seasonal heroes, stash contents, XP/Paragon amalgamation, and so on.
  3. The splash on the Battlenet launcher is about the start of Season 18. There was nothing about the end of Season 17 and that Season 18 splash was added when there was less than two days until the end of S17.
  4. Previously, they’ve posted about the end dates on Twitter, this season they didn’t.

Basically, for a company that keeps promising to improve communications, they keep failing. The single most guaranteed way to inform people of the impending end of a season is to put something on the launcher a couple of weeks before it ends, like they used to do with the “Season XX Ending Soon” blogs but they stopped doing this nine months ago. We shouldn’t have to search the forums, Twitter, Reddit or anywhere else to find this information when they already have a direct, unavoidable method to inform us, i.e. the Battlenet launcher.

2 Likes

There was for me. I remember seeing it for at least a week. That was how I found out about the end of S17, then I saw the sticky on the GD forum.

2 Likes

Splash items on the launcher have to link to blog articles.
There’s no such article for the end of Season 17.
There is one for the start of Season 18.

[EDIT]
The Season 18 splash was added mid-afternoon on the 15th…
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/08/19/d3_battlenet_s18_news.jpg

1 Like