Looking for advice

I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my barbarian and critique it. I am fairly new to the game and have been following guides and trying to learn all that I can. For now I am trying to progress into more difficult Rifts and GR’s. I seem to have hit a road block in advancement though. Maybe I should move onto a different build and gear or I dont know.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Oxcide-11825/hero/112876721

Thank you

I’m no Barb expert, but one thing leaped out at me (pun intended).
Seismic slam build should have Fury of the Ancient Peak and/or Bracers of Destruction.

That would be for the Physical EQ build. The OP is running Fire and those items are useless in the Fire build.

Hi Oxcide. There’s a lot you can do to improve your build. Here are some starting tips:

• Roll Spear dmg on helm to CHC
  • Roll EQ dmg on shoulder to AD
  • Roll RCR on gloves to CHD
  • Roll Cleave on belt to Life per Fury or All Resist
  • Use any other amulet that has Fire/CHC/CHD
  • Roll Cold on bracers to Fire
  • Roll Cleave on pants to Armor
  • Roll Move Speed on boots to Armor
  • Roll Life per Hit on weapon to AD
  • Roll Vit on Focus to CHC
  • Roll All Resist on Restraint to CDR or CHD

Ultimately, these are Band-Aids, since your gear is not very good. You’ll need to re-farm just about every piece.

I would swap Battle Rage for War Cry. I would also drop Esoteric and use Band of Might in the Cube. The CoE version of the Fire EQ build isn’t as tanky, so newer players might prefer the safety afforded Band of Might.

Since you play Normal, swap Nerves of Steel for Boon of Bul-Kathos.

You should also read through the New Player’s Guide stickied in this forum, and ask additional questions in the designated thread.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks for the correction. I thought I might be overlooking something.

Thank you for the help. I am sorry I guess I posted in wrong area lol

No problem! And no, you’re not in the wrong area. Rage is writing a new EQ guide in August, so we’re waiting on that. In the meantime, check out the New Player’s Guide, and if you have more EQ questions, you can check here: Your Leapquake questions, answered here

I made those changes to my gear and build. if you wouldnt mind taking another peak. It would not let me change Spear dmg on helm to CHC, so I re-rolled it to Seismic Slam dmg for now.

I guess, i dont know what really makes a good item. i know reading through the theory crafting and all will help, however, im not good at math lol so i will just take your word for it.

So I need to replace all my gear with better gear. Would you say the “Ancient” pieces I have are ok, or do they need replaced as well?

Thanks for the great help, I didnt expect this much help, at least this community is a good one and folks help.

Thanks again, would love to do a run or two with you as well.

Oh, I see. You already have CHC on there. Ok, roll Slam to Vitality. Slam damage does nothing because in your build, Slam doesn’t deal damage–it’s only there to dump Fury to reset Leap cooldowns.

Your gear looks better, but you still need to change your amulet ASAP. Get one that is Fire/CHC/CHD. Your current amulet is doing nothing for you other than a passive skill.

Otherwise, you’ll just want to farm better gear and more Paragon. The first thing you should do is read the New Player’s Guide: [Guide] New + Returning Player's Guide (Season 20)

That will explain many of the basics you need to know in order to play efficiently. Use the advice in that guide to farm better gear, and remember, the key to farming is to do so at a difficulty you can clear quickly. If you need GR keys and can farm Torment 10 Nephalem Rifts in 2 minutes, do that, and collect all the various drops along the way. That’s more efficient than clearing T13 in 5 minutes, you dig?

For gear, do the same thing for GRs. If you can do GR 60 in 2-4 minutes, speed-farm that over and over. If it’s 50, cool. Don’t overshoot your current power. If you’re dying a lot or it takes too long to kill monsters, the content is too difficult.

When speed-farming, the only change I want you to make is to swap Furnace in the Cube for In-geom.

Again, use the advice found in the New Player’s Guide to improve your gear. As new, better, Ancient pieces drop, check out this thread for help in rolling them properly: Your Leapquake questions, answered here

No problem! Happy to help!

Add me to your friends list. When I finish repairing/rebuilding my computer, I’ll be happy to do some rift runs with you. :slight_smile: