Looking for advice on DH build/survivability

When you look at leaderboard builds, look at chars with similar paragon to yours instead of the top builds. A lot of the time top builds can only be run with higher paragon.

If you see a 1000 paragon build that’s outperforming 1500 paragon builds, that’s probably the one you want to emulate.

What about the Aughild’s set? The set bonuses seems to give quite a bit of DR and survivability.

Also, I’ve seen a lot of folks use Squirt’s Necklace with Gizzard Gem. Any experience on this?

In short, it provides more damage but less toughness than the Captain Crimson variant. It will probably be the best build for end-season pushing with CoE in the 4th cube slot.

Another more balanced Aughild’s variant uses Mantle of Channeling instead of CoE in the 4th cube slot for a little more toughness at the cost of a little damage.

I haven’t looked at your build but some general things that can help your defense…

1. Equip or cube Fortress Ballista.

2. Cube Elusive Ring (there’s a lazy way to use this ring with GoD set that I’ll get into later.)

3. Keep Vitality where you can (the more life you have the better Fortress Ballista’s shield is)

4. A fourth cube slot option if it isn’t occupied by Fortress is Mantle of Channeling

5. This is all relevant if you’re not using the Crimson’s build.

Now for that lazy way to use Elusive Ring in the GoD…

If you know how to use the numlock trick…

Put Smoke Screen/Vanishing Powder on your toolbar. Vanishing Powder removes the discipline cost and adds a 6 sec cooldown. Elusive Ring lasts 8 seconds, so, using the numlock trick on Smoke Screen will give you full uptime on Elusive Ring without any timing stuff or worrying about discipline cost. This is especially useful if you’re not using the Yang’s/Crimson’s combo.

If you don’t know how to use the numlock trick it’s simple and it’s not against any rules because it requires no downloading stuff and is standard on most keyboards. To do it…

Map the skills you want to lock to keys on your numpad.
Turn Numlock on.
Press the key that your skill is mapped to and while holding it down turn off numlock. The skill will go off automatically when it comes off cooldown. You can repeat the process with other skills that have cooldowns like FoK and Vengeance.

I use it on Smoke Screen, Vengeance and Fan of Knives. Allowing me to just hit Hungering Arrow on 4 every second or so, Use force standstill (space bar) in conjunction with strafe on lmb and boar on rmb.

Makes for really easy play.

Looking at that build I suggest switching to
Yang and Ninth quiver - Yang buffs MS but your not using it for that you want the rcr roll that give you more damage reduction.
So your cube should look like this
Dawn - Digger - Rorg - HW
Thou the plus side build is good and your more tanky, but you also lose sacrifice certain item like Coe, Elusive ring, nem, Valla, FB.
Note you can double roll RcR on yangs, so lets say you got 50 rcr. You can roll vit to more rcr it caps to 55 I believe. Draw back you only get 4 stats on your yang.