Look What You've Done 😠

Keep on trollin strollin.

You’re my number one. Maybe number two.

Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

The fact your friend didn’t play the game to get the item is the problem. You know it, we know it, the devs know it.

5 Likes

He just likes to complain. There are plenty of D2 faithful that love to crap on D3 and D4 as much as possible because it’s not D2.

5 Likes

Eventually yes
 but maybe the key is to not make it become the best avenue shortly after end game starts.

Fair point
 I’m just not positive where the best balance is at or how to do it correctly without restriction well.

Why are the d2 fanboys so obsessed with trading. You act like itll kill the game when its a small part of the game. What makes a game multiplayer is being able to play with others not being able to buy an item off bot#14582

14 Likes

I don’t think there’s any way to really avoid it because trading lets you target very specific stats or items, while not trading means just making do with whatever you find.

Which in today’s world it’s all going to be automated as well, meaning you can effectively trade your items while farming more rather than needing to sit in chat like you used to. It means you might as well sell everything that’s of the slightest bit of decent value, because it’s all done passively and you waste little to no time doing it.

I used to love trading back in the day on Diablo 2 but in today’s world given that we’d get an auction house regardless of if we wanted one or not, Blizzard is just better off dropping trade entirely and balancing the entire game around that.

Just
 don’t do what Diablo 3 does and make it so you finish your build within a few days and the rest of the time is finding the same items over and over again in the hopes that the numbers are slightly larger.

1 Like

Trading is a part I like on this game, the way trades will work with D4 looks like ‘‘okay’’ to me.
There’s something hinted on the D4 systems & features panel, I believe that there’s going to have crafting, now I don’t know how it’s going to be.
Ink for tattoo, scrolls, potions, 
 that should be trade’able (otherwise what’s the point of crafting?) and I wait for the next quarterly update to ear something about it.
Even though D1 had the most ‘‘realistic’’ view on items in correlation with a character, it was frustrating to invest months of game play to being looted by an other player, yes it add a stress and the players are more cautious, but who wants that today? This issue was fixed in D2.
D3 system, post AH, is kind of good because legendary fall from the sky anyway.

If you didn’t see the systems & features panel, it still on youtube.
Diablo IV Systems & Features @ Blizzcon 2019

When you never find several items in the game you should be able to trade. Certain items should be very rare. The game should be about finding rare items to trade with other players and growing your character in wealth to get better, rare and more gear. The game should not be purely a story that takes you through an adventure mode where you then focus on grinding paragons with no item hunt.

If there isn’t an item hunt like in Diablo 3 then no trading is fine. If that’s the case though the game failed.

I feel like some theater majors came in on Diablo 3 and really spruced up the Diablo cinematics, theaterics and story (super polished, nice cinematics and a lot of quality work on sound and animations, lore scrolls and random dungeon events are a good step forwardl) but then everybody forgot that the game needed to be good. If the series going forward is about being a homogenous hero in an action brawler I’m out; if it’s about rpg elements, tactics and item finding that’s a lot more intriguing.

1 Like

Diablo IV has already failed.

Activision has recaptured Diablo III and is trying to sell the idea that it is a new game.

There will be no trade, as there is no trade only with people in the group for a specific time.

The itemization seems to be the same as Diablo III, which completely excludes the value of the items and the trade, in addition to pulverizing the emotion of finding a good item.

There will be no PVP, Activison doesn’t even want to hear about it, proof of this is that people on this forum are punished for speaking in Diablo II’s ears.

There will be no choices, no diversity, no personalization, everyone will have everything all the time forever, as in Diablo III.

There will be no level limit, no goal to be achieved, no difficulty to be beat, it will be the same in Diablo 3, you decide whether or not it is difficult.

We will not have violent and dark content, this is clear by the content choices that are allowed by the team, including here on the forum.

I think people should get out of this excitement and open their eyes, in addition to NOT BUYING THE GAME until they know exactly what will be offered. (not to happen what happened with Diablo III)

2 Likes

“Essential” doesn’t equal “great”.

Kill monsters to get loot, not browse d3/4jsp and other third-party auction houses.

Or is the game too hard for you that it renders you so incapable of gearing yourself?

Because they’re either:

• too used to having everything handed to them with the minimum amount of effort made (see all the D2 Necro crybabies who can no longer camp behind their army of summons and now have to actually lift a finger to kill stuff)

OR

• they’re mad that their income supplement from all the item-selling is ruined.
12 Likes

Trading was never a good part of D2. Loot hunting was. Trading let you completely skip the best part of the game by having a wealthy friend or a main character.

This is NOT a good outcome.

The most that I’m ok with - is trading consumables and crafting materials - provided you can not craft the best gear.

That, and 2 hour limited trade between party members.

Gear should be acquired through PLAYING, never through trading.

Look what you’ve done.

You did GOOD, Blizzard, in that respect at least. Thank you for removing trading

11 Likes

I find it hilarious when they condemn D3’s easier gearing process + beg for open trading in the same breath.

Someone actually thought it was a good idea to use Haedrig’s gift in an argument against D3’s gearing system, while begging for open trading in the same thread.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And all I could think of was “where is the mother???”

It’s like they’re incapable of understanding that this way they cancel out their own argument.

6 Likes

True.

Just imagine if D4 has trading:

https://i.imgur.com/amvdoiu.png

2 Likes

There already IS something like that for console D3! I saw it the other day when I was looking for item graphics. Saw a hacked Darklight flail with ridiculous stat range on sale.

Don’t buy it and go away.

5 Likes

Actually no, that is just an example of hand me downs for someone that is lazy. You have power leveling, you can do the rest. :yum:

6 Likes

I never cared for the original auction house, it just ended up with some people spending a lot for stuff that was eh OK. Allowing you to play the odds and play with what you got shows skill. Playing with nothing but friends drops is in a word leech. :grin:

Removing trading was absolutely the best way to go. It crushed the life out of ruthless farmers that continually spammed 24/7.
The AH effectively made it a p2w game. And they suck. And no one stays in them.
I will take inability to trade outside party over 24/7 spam that I have to continually report, block and try to ignore.
I don’t want a p2w game. If you do, go play a phone game, there are a million out there and you can buy yourself a win in a month or so if you have a ton of cash to set fire to.
For you D4 probably is hopeless. You won’t be able to sell items to strangers, or buy items from strangers. You will have to actually get in a party and find them. Maybe with help, maybe solo, but you’ll have to actually play.
Removing trade did make it a great game. When the farmers ran the place, it sucked and people did pay to win. I thought it would be bad at first, but when the AH was gone, and the farmers got done throwing their DDOS tantrums, the game was much improved.

11 Likes

Not when you hit that wall and upgrades were rarer than a blue moon it wasn’t! I had to keep raiding the GAH for the highest-DPS Echoing Fury or random rare wand (mained a Wiz for the longest time) to get past said wall.

It was NOT fun.

I still remember the newly-implemented diamonds going for several mil gold a piece before the AH was permanently taken down.

2 Likes

100% agree with op. Nothing to add.
BOA = most pathetic thing in this century and D4 boa’d will be same failure like d3.

1 Like