LON dart build looking good for season 18?

I’ve never really played a WD since pre necro expansion when the jade harvester was a one shot build. Was thinking about picking up the new Dart LON build and trying it, thought i heard with the new legendary squirts, odin son etc. it might be a great set up. Anyone care to weigh in on it? Any pointers for a newby to the WD community (been doing impale DH for the past few seasons).

Thanks in advance!

Its a good build, hard to gear for though, you’ll want every slot to be an ancient, you’ll also want a stone of Jordan with attack speed/poison damage on it. your goal should be 2.12AP in your character sheet, which you’ll need Tal’rasha’s relentless pursuit to obtain (Tal’s chest piece w/ +7% IAS).

You’ll also want a dagger of darts for your main hand, and in cube an echoing fury, this gives you the extra attack speed when it procs by killing any mob. you’ll also wear a convention of elements ring. You can look at my profile @Nuggetnation to see my build.

1 Like

Awesome,
I greatly appreciate the info. I’ll definitely give it a whirl this season. At least with the new gem you get some credit for non ancient and getting the base character running won’t be as hard.

Should be a smooth transition for this season seeing as the gift is Zuni.
Because Zuni is fetish-oriented, the play style will remain largely the same as you progress and acquire the gear pieces.

Looking forward to it.

I’m excited for tonight. I actually created a level 1 in normal season last night and played to level 24 just to get the hang of it to make tonight a little smoother. it’s going to be a nice change of pace for sure. Is bounties the best way to level?

I think i’ll try to get the custerian bracers at level 31 if possible via gambling and do the challenge rift for massive gold if i get them.

I do one set of bounties immediately for the first acheivement, and then wait until I have speed gear to do more.

The XP is pretty good, but Rifts or Massacre bonuses are better.

Based on playing the LoN Dart build thus far, I recommend not using Echoing fury in cube, the 10x stacks of soul harvest is mandatory. It just makes you far too squishy not having those stacks. If 10x stacks were baseline for witch doctors, then yes, echoing fury would be possible. But so far, its a useless item for witch doctors in cube currently.

My issue has been doing enough damage when the EF stacks fall off, especially against RGs with no adds. I hit 115 last night (my best so far) with EF, and dying wasn’t the problem (also wasn’t using Squirt’s). I had about 1650 paragon at the time, so I may be hitting my wall, and I also have two suboptimally rolled rings. But without Stricken/BoT and BBV at the end, the RG was a slog.

Your base attack speed is way too low, you need 2.12 minimum before any buffs, neither of your rings have IAS. Plus your gems are 110, way too low. Are you not doing any group games to level gems? your paragon can go way beyond GR115. Work on leveling up your gems, make a support toon and join meta games if you have to.

Thanks for the response. Yes, my IAS is too low. Even with 7% IAS on my rings, however, I’m just short of the mark. I’ll need it on an amulet as well to get there. Still farming.

I do not do group play, which limits my gem advancement. One, no one wants WD in groups and that’s all I play. Second, I don’t have a group to play with anyway, so I’ve got to work with what I’ve got.

I read planning on using the starter set to help transition to Load. I’m using icyviens. I see the set uses the fetish skill and fetish passive, while the LoD only uses to passive. Why is this?

Edit, or should I be issuing a different build guide?

the passive allows you to spawn fetishes which are needed to do damage.

I just checked a second ago, I believe that both of the Icy Veins Poison Dart builds use the Fetish Passive.

Some people use the Belt of Transcendence to get their Fetish Sycophants.

They both use the passive. My question is why does the LoD not use the skill?

If you’re not using grave injustice passive, then its not worth using the skill.

OK, I see what you mean. The LoD build does not use the Fetish Army (FA) skill.

Fetish Sycophants (FS) generates up to 15 Fetishes, if I recall. Carnevil lets 10 Fetishes do Poison Darts. So that’s enough to get the enhanced Poison Dart damage.

The Zuni set gives you damage reduction for every Fetish, and also, buffs the damage of each Fetish. Without those set bonuses, there’s less incentive to max out the number of Fetishes from FA and FS (as the LoD build has other ways to get damage reduction on defense and damage increase on offense).

So, the Icy Veins guide suggests that the FA slot which is used in Zuni is better employed for Piranhas with the LoD build. Whether it works out like that when people actually play it, remains to be seen.

Okay. Thank you. I can see how that makes sense.

Tried my WD and was following the icyviens guide for Zuni build with the echoing fury, couldn’t take a hit at GR70 and rolled a LON crusader in his place out of pure frustration. Maybe i need to try the different weapon for toughness!

This is pretty much the experience that I’ve had. Enough DPS to kill the RG within a second or two, but squishy enough to be taken out by a single goat spear. Rift full of succubi? Just forget about it.

Replacing Aughild’s with Lakumba’s Ornament and Skeleton King shoulders and Echoing Fury with Sacred Harvester seemed to maybe help a little, but I still find myself way too squishy for such a low GR level.

I guess that my question to all the experiences WDs out there is, is there something wrong with what I’m doing or is it to be expected that if I’m not careful one or two spear goats are enough to kill me at around GR70? Especially the beginning of the rift before I have Fetish Sycophants is the problem - I normally try to get my Soul Harvest stacks to 10 by popping the Piranhado, Spirit-walking into the middle and doing the Harvest, but more often then not, I just end up dying in the process…

Thanks!

2 Likes

Zuni is squish, just need to hang back and hope for no range mobs early in season for your 70. Use 3 sets (zuni, capt cris, aug) with the dog mojo in cube. No sh/lakumba and no soul harvest but will provide enough toughness to do your 70 (did 101 with under 800 paragon with this build) it still squishy but better than trying to get and keep sh stacks and can play safer at range.

1 Like