LoD Thorns Necromancer in pacth 2.7.1?

Hi all,

i was wondering if the LoD Thorns build for Necromancer is still a playable build? If so, how strong is it? I couldn’t find a guide to this build on maxroll, and it’s also not mentioned in the current tier list…

I believe that Thorns Necromancer was good only because of the “Bone Ringer” offhand, which increased the damage of command skeletons by 30% per second while they were locked on an enemy, infinitely. You would abuse that by finding an enemy who won’t fight them back, lock the skeletons on it, then lead that enemy through a big open map and let all others die to the skeletons’ thorns.
Since then, Bone Ringer has been nerfed to have a cap for the stacking, at 60 stacks (for a 1800% multiplier).

tl;dr I think not, it’s nerfed.

Thx for the detailed reply. Does it mean the build got nerfed so heavily, that it is not competitive with any other necro build? That would be brutal

I think that even if you ignore the nerf, it wouldn’t be competitive with modern corpse explosion builds, who have since gotten buffed and in my opinion are strong at the high paragons that players can reach nowadays.

1 Like