Lod nova squirt?

what do you think about this build? (planner in the descrition) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GFfEW8fxoM
is it better than the standard lod nova? the one with haunted vision

2 Likes

It’s likely a bit harder or difficult in some ways? In another of his videos you can see that he has Nayir’s in the cube along with Bloodtide and Funerary. (He shows it at the end).

Well, I’ve seen this build used in 4P, even without curse (the RGK curses).

For solo, I’m not sure it is the strongest, since Squirts stacks and Iron Rose Nova stacks are kinda counterintuitive (yes, you can manually cast Nova to lose health instead of “getting” hit, but good luck with that).

Some people will have a perfect run with this, though…

I checked the video again and it’s amazing to see how much of the time he has ten stacks of Iron Rose together with a good deal of Squirt stacks. I guess the Archew’s gloves help a bit here.
Not that I’m keen on trying this build (though Kadala just gave me a primal Archew’s… with purely defensive stats sadly)

I like how in the comments he acknowledges he cheats. He doesn’t even care now :laughing: What’s this. LJ’s 15th account? I think he’s an excellent player but he’s botted for so long it’s a running joke.

If you read the comments (I know… never read the comments) apparently it’s working off a bug with Nayr’s Black Deathprocing the physical damage of blood nova even though it should only be increasing the damage of poison skills. I’m sure someone who is actually playing this can confirm or explain the mechanism. R1 on NA SSF is using it with a GR150 time of 2:21 (Edit: I just realised that’s his account). Next best is 4:41. So I imagine it won’t be long before everyone’s exploiting the bug. :rofl:

Edit: I’ve just tested it and it’s definitely bugged. It’s wayyyy too powerful!

I did read the comments. I can also see that you need four poison skills to cast to keep up 4 Nayir’s stacks. Just wonder why it’s still physical on bracers and amulet?

Iron Rose

Attacking with Siphon Blood has a 100% chance to cast a free Blood Nova. After cumulatively losing 10% of your maximum Life, your Death Nova deals 42% increased damage for 60 seconds. This effect stacks up to 10 times.

Death Nova

Blood Nova
Spend 10% health to unleash a Blood Nova that deals 450% weapon damage as Physical to all nearby enemies within 25 yards.

2 Likes

Sure but the d3planner link and the leaderboard details show that the Blood Nova physical rune isn’t used. They use one of the poison runes (there are two).

Physical rune isn’t used but that is what procs. Like Winter Flurry for wiz causes Hydra to proc Frost Nova. But it is what causes the damage in the build hence Physical% damage on bracers and amulet.

The poison rune achieves three things here:

1. You do need to manually cast Death Nova to get the accumulated 10 stacks for the full 500% damage bonus on Iron Rose.
  2. The poison rune gives damage reduction.
  3. Poison death nova gives a stack of Nayr’s Black Death so an extra 100% damage out of the potential 400% (and then there’s Squirt’s as well.)

You still get the stacks when taking damage without manual casts. Of course manual casts can sometimes be necessary to get the stacks.

The Squirt bonus is good when you have a shield pylon, but anyone have experience keeping the bonus without shield pylon?

It is good but if you aren’t losing health from skills, you’ll be losing the 10 stacks of Iron Rose damage by the end of it, or be really low which cancels out the Squirt’s damage.

The “bad” combo is Shield and Channeling pylons together, as your Iron Rose stacks will just wear off (however, you can have an overlap of like 30 seconds to not drop to low).

While having channeling pylon only, you still can get hit to refresh stacks.
While having Shield Pylon you can still lose health by using Blood Rush - even if you lose HP that way, you are not affecting your Squirt stacks, as you need to get hit to lose them.

1 Like

I tried this build. No idea how I will survive 146 grift. But speed 125 it is great. Guess I need a lot more VIT. For now my regular LOD is better, I just need a RG with adds🤣