LoD Frozen Orb FireSkill damage stronger than Frost?

I looked over the maxroll build guides. And came up with switching out Unity Ring with Stone of Jordan. Mage fist in cube instead of Frostburn. And is APOC really needed on Triumvirate with Apoc through the Altar? Skill Changes Blackhole - Spellsteal and Spectral Blades - Flame Blades for a little more fire elemental damage.

Or is the Struggle not worth, to hard to execute in the CoE Cycle?

At least on paper it would be more than 30% stronger, but ~ 50% less tanky.

Some of the great Wizard Players some Feedback on it?

APoC on Triumvirate shouldn’t really be necessary with the altar. The only place you should really have resource issues is vs. the RG, and then you just time your resource dumps to CoE cycle, make sure you’re full before cold and dump it all in a burst. Could just run int/crit/orb/AD.

As for Flame Blades, SoJ doesn’t work properly with temporary elemental buffs (e.g. Flame Blades or Absolute Zero). You still get the fire/cold buffs above your baseline, but SoJ doesn’t increase all your elemental damage by those buffs. So if you have 100 fire damage, then add 30 stacks of Flame Blades, you’ll have 100 arcane/100 cold/100 lightning/130 fire with SoJ.

So there’s no value going Flame Blades with SoJ, the Flame Blades buff doesn’t end up doing anything for Frozen Orb because you don’t get cold damage from Flame Blades stacks via SoJ.

1 Like

Thank you. Saved me a lot of time. No need to try it out myself then.

1 Like