LOD Carnevil Build Question

Hi! I have posted my build on D3planner. But I am unable to post link here. My d3planner link is d3planner dot com slash 693084897. I feel like I dont do much dmg in GR 105 and I am struggling to maintain 15 fetish not even 10. I have most of my items ancient and I don’t feel that I am rewarded with sufficient damage. Did I do something wrong? How do I maintain 15 fetish at most of the time? I know I need more attack speed but is that all I could do? Also, I feel that Im struggling most when fighting the rift guardian because there is only one target. I don’t know why it feels harder to spawn fetish when there is only one enemy. And defensewise, without soulharvester my toughness is really low and how am I suppose to survive in gr rift above 110? Could someone please answer my question>< Thanks!

Okay your build appears to be relatively together… 2 things:

1. Tasker & Theo is not optimal. The pet AS bonus will only apply to the extra fethishes that aren’t shooting darts. You will get more mileage out of St. Archew’s Gage, which provides a shield.
  2. You’ve elected to go FULL glass cannon and you are here whining about it. You have obvious options. Drop a damage passive (PtV, or CR) for Spirit Vessel, drop WH for Belt of Transcendence to get Sycophants passive back (for SV…), drop Squirt’s, and finally…for completeness… ‘git gud’ :wink:

I have to admit that I’m struggling with similar issues - especially the lack of toughness on my toon (~https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Pja-11980/hero/113769950~).

Like the OP, I do have Squirt’s and T&T (still waiting for decent Archew’s) but I am using Spirit Vessel and Belt of Transcendence as well as the Sacred Harvester for those 10 Soul Harvest Stacks, so I feel like I shouldn’t be getting two-shotted by goat spearmen and hell witches at GR105. Is there anything obviously wrong that you guys could see? I could socket Rubies (and my pants don’t even have sockets) but that’s about all that I can come up with…

Apropos, I’ve been wondering, does Life per Hit actually help in this build? With 15 fetishes hitting things pretty fast, it feels like it might, but I haven’t seen anyone really commenting on it anywhere…

Finally, I noticed that OP is running BotT - is that more efficient than Enforcer?

Thanks!

Take a look at my profile. It’s very different than your build. I managed a 124 solo.

Try using Stone Gauntlets and Ice Climbers if you feel too squishy. You lose some healing without Taskers if you are using leeching beasts but you can still heal really well with life per hit on your gear. I was testing it yesterday and it worked great.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip - I’ll give it a try. I admit I’m getting a little frustrated with how squishy I’m feeling even at relatively low GR lvls.

MarcoBlue

You probably need to swap out Trapped for Enforcer. The Enforcer gem provides 90% Damage Reduction (DR) for your pets. The problem might NOT be generating pets fast enough. It might be that they just aren’t surviving. Oddly enough both gems have the same damage buff and Enforcer is ALWAYS buffing unlike Trapped. Don’t worry about your dart it’s not doing much damage even with the Trapped bonus.

I like Tasker and Theo for Rift runs. I enjoy the freedom to use the same build for both high GR and for key farming. I’ve started way too many GRs with my farm gear and it’s nice to have one less thing to worry about. As far as other gloves… I’ve seen a few top players using Gloves of Worship. Apparently the affix works on Pylons though I’ve not tested that. As soon as get good Stone Gauntlets I’ll switch to those. Who doesn’t like a 20% chance to nail down those leaping SoBs.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t, otherwise everyone would be wearing them. The only way to extend the effects of pylons is Flavor of Time, Gloves of Worship only work for shrines.

1 Like

Ah yes. I knew there was one of those somewhere.

This ^ but I use flavor of time in cube and wear unity/coe.

I play 4,1k paragon Carn @ europe NS, its not much compared to other NS stars but im doing good still.

@Fangskin
Something like this will work but dps will be poor near 130. Horrify is no go imo, dps is needed to start Echo rampage, that’s why i have BBV. This skill is mega strong even with as bonus from Echo - uptime is very good (close to perma in good density map but i have ~10 additional pickup radius, this help reset BBV a lot. Other things are same like u wrote but i have oculus in cube instead poison soj. With SoJ its possible to do more damage, but u need very lucky oculus spawns from follower and this wont happen. Follower oculus is just rare and super random for carnevil - can some1 explain why btw?

Its very smart to use stone gauntlets with climbers, it hurt leech from dogs and illusory lack means one stupid mob can stuck u in corridor, but if u able to make density Echo + BBV + Stone’s are best to destroy 128+ in once piece.

d3planner.com/324802515

Will go to 130 with this, 128 clear’d in few tries, hope to clear 130 now. My zunimassa is stronger but LOD carn is super cool and zunimasa is no fun to play for me :slight_smile:

/e

-Swamp passive is just awesome when im in density, im bassicaly immortal vs physical and cold and that’s a fact. Cheat death passive is good if i play lower gr’s but in density it have no real effect.
Arch gloves also no real effect in high push, this shield is worth like ~1,3-1,5m HP, its nothing. Stone gauntlets is just to good to skip. Use them.

What your highest clears with LoD Carn’s?

1 Like

So does using climbers basically eliminate the negative effect of Stone Gauntlets ?

I exclusively push the LoD DD build. I’ve accomplished a 124 solo. You can check my profile, I much prefer utilizing Hellfire Amulet & Flavor of Time versus some other amulet combination. There is no getting around the fact that the build is brutal for two main reasons. First is building your fetishes post death takes a few seconds. And second, some Rift Gaurdian’s are actually impossible to kill at higher levels. So what you want to do is fish a lot. If you get tremendous density, the right pylons (double time w/Flavor of course), and an RG that is forgiving - build is fantastic. By the way don’t even try to use Sacred Harvester, it’s not enough DPS. This is a tough build to gear for, unfortunate that the Dagger of Darts knife has that variable legendary stat :sob:.

Well, I got a primal Echoing Fury this season, so I’ll end up using that and putting DoD in the cube unless I get a god roll on one.

Hate to burst your bubble but the fear stat on EF will ruin the play-style.

I think ruin is a strong word, I do realize it’s not ideal. But I also don’t think it’ll be a real issue, especially early on.

This is the first time I’ve tried to push this build and I definitely see what you’re saying. In addition, it seems like if you die on a RG that doesn’t have adds, you’re pretty much screwed. I agree 100 % that this is a heavy fishing build when it comes to pushing. Probably more so than most every other build I’ve tried.

1 Like

AS is very important . You SHOULD have some on your weapon (on your gantlets and at least on one of your rings or the amulet).AS on your weapon counts twice. Your fetishes will attack faster and they will do more damage since it will increase your sheet dps.
AS will help you to generate fetishes quickly and have more life /hit generated.
Having more fetishes generated will give you more toughness with Zunimassa (i 'm talking about your build in your profile,not the planner one).
You should use bane of the stricken instead of bane of the trapped.More AS and this gem will help you a lot versus rift guardians.
Cooldown reduction is more important than health on your helmet.It is better to be more often invicible with spirit walk than having a little more health which won’t prevent you from being one shot most of the time.
Having strenght gems on your stuff rather than intel ones is very good too to survive.Hits you take will do less damage and it will be easier to fill your life with life/hit if it is smaller and if you take less damage.
Have fun.

Yup. I just fished a couple hundred trying to complete a GR125. I just couldn’t do it, extremely close. Probably need a pylon for the RG to seal the deal. I did though manage a 124 quite easily, and that’s LoD DoD. Mons is correct, AS is critical… it’s the result of break point arithmetic. If you have any more questions LMK I’ve done so many GRs with this build and think it’s insanely fun to play.

1 Like