Loading the map way too slow on my Mac

In multiplayer games, when I get into a new map or level, it always takes me 5-10s to start which caused me to slow down the farming speed of the team. This has completely destroyed the joy of playing this game. Not only that, it also takes me a long time to see the death’s breath on the ground. Displaying the items in my inventory also takes forever. This didn’t happen before Season 22. Would there be any easy solutions besides getting a new laptop? Thanks.

Note: It works fine on my PC at my workplace. It just doesn’t work well on my MacBook. I have also researched how to fix it, but none worked for me on my Mac.

1 Like

Did you upgrade your Operating System recently on your Mac perhaps…

Nah, this has been an issue for a lot longer than Big Sur has been around. I got dumped as a rats zbarb because I ended up 2-3 screens behind everyone else because it took too long transitioning between levels. This was on a brand new 2015 MacBook Pro 15" with the top specs. I now play on a Windows 10 partition and it’s much, much faster.

I’d almost suggest to OP to do the same. Partition, install Windows 10 on it and dual boot via Bootcamp. A license is cheap (relative to the value of a Mac).

Edit: From what I’ve been able to glean, this isn’t a bug, more of a limitation of the implementation on the operating system.