Loading more than one char per computer

There’s a few guys who haven’t figured out how to load so I know some randoms do still go at it with 1 char, they don’t get far and usually are begging others for help, but loading is an essential part of the elite players game. I don’t see why it should be frowned upon to have more than one char per computer, and I would be totally fine with paying for the game 3 times if it means I can run a barb sorc and din on classic hardcore ladder by just alt tabbing between screens… in fact I would probably pay for the game 5 times so I could rock one of each charachter in a chat channel. I don’t use hacks, don’t need them, and they do ruin the gameplay… but loading to fill a game should be a thing made possible by the developers.

1 Like

More than likely you’ll be able to. Sandboxie is a VM(Virtual Machine). It’s like having a separate computer to run the game, but it’s on one computer. Of course, though, you would probably have to have another Battle.net 2.0 account, and a separate D2: R purchased. I’m not sure they’ll allow you to log onto the same Battle.net 2.0 account to run two characters.

2 Likes

Are you trying to figure out if in the modern battlenet, you can load 2 different characters from the same account simultaneously? If it is like D3, when you login from a second computer in the same game client (or a second window on the same PC), it kick you out of the first login.

I think he’s wondering if he can do it with multiple accounts, which is possible in D3 and should be possible in d2r as well

If he wants to know if you can run multiple accounts on the same computer, you are absolutely correct that you can do that for D3 and presumably D2R.

1 Like

EDIT: I see this is about 2 chars on 1 computer.

I say why not? since there’s a workaround to buying multiple PCs, or renting Virtual PCs, etc.

Preventing multi boxing would also screw with the robots who annihilate the economy every season currently on D2 and have done for years.

Not sure how many people who multi box don’t cheat, but if sacrificing those people bakes in protection from the robots then your a sacrifice I would be prepared to make. sorry :slight_smile:

For WoW in particular, Blizzard has now stated that key mirroring is against the rules. Multiboxing (one computer or on multiple computers) is still allowed. However, this does impact multiboxing for many.

Multiboxing programs where all game instances are open on the same computer incorporate the feature if you hit a key then the keystroke can go to one, some or all game clients. Blizzard is cracking down on the “some or all” the game client aspect. Blizzard has not yet explicitly stated if this will apply to other games.

The only legit reason you needed this in the past was for muling and they have given us shared stash to help with that.
With a hopeful influx of active players, you should have no issue being able to join a group to beat the tougher Quests and Acts or create a game with your specific Quest, like Trav or Ancients.

Am I the only who think having multiple account for another reason than stash is a bit suspicious? Welcome to botlands.

1 Like

Nah this is needed in HC its nice to have a chanter…

Call a friend to be the BO barb.

I disagree. Having a BO barb, tele sorc, enchantress is highly useful in classic as well as hardcore. Its easy to say that you can find other people who can help with these difficulties if you live somewhere like America where this is likely to be a large player base. Pending on how the combined server and lag works, it may not be as easy for other countries which have smaller player bases to find people who can help. Or on hardcore or classic where again there might not be the player base or people willing to help.

Edit: I disagree with it being mainly related to botting/muling.

D2R will be global servers. Meaning more players right off the hop.
Bot free (hopefully) will bring more players as well back from the mods and private servers to play on battlenet.
D2R itself will have a huge hype for release.
You wont have a hard time finding players to play with.

He is right though, I dont disagree that there are players like you, like me even, who at this time are playing with multi character armies that we run and manage due to lower manual players and adult stuff.
The ability to use programs and multi cdkey/accounts is used for botting at a much higher % than us, thats non debatable.

2 Likes

The botters will use software to work around it anyways.

There are legal ways to start multiple clients at once in the current D2, so I don’t see a reason to change that for D2:R
Making it more accessible will only profit the people who use it for legal purposes.

• having a tradegame open while doing runs in a second tab
  • self-rushing
  • bo/chant
  • solo MF-ing on /players 8
  • filling empty slots in runs
  • opening cow level after killing king
  • testing PvP setups
  • and probably a few more that I forgot about
1 Like

Hmm here’s hoping I guess, I see why they let it slide for so long since they don’t really care who they sell keys/games too so long as they sell.

Running more then 1 D2R game window at same time from same PC should be forbidden , this is a thing yet on the current D2, people use sandbox or Virtual machine!
Since D2R will be launched only through the APP i hope running multiple instances won’t be possible

What’s wrong? you guys don’t have 5 computers? :rofl:
I don’t like this idea personally but to each their own

I currently run 8 characters on I pc. I use Sandboxie, 8 key sets and 8 accounts. I enchant my barbarian and use the other characters to increase experience and drop rate and as mules. Everything is done manually.

I would just avoid anything that is using software to multicast keystrokes. They updated the ToS for WoW and it seems it may extend to all games in bnet, although I haven’t verified it personally.