List of Demon Hunter Ethereals (Season 24)

Just posting up some of the things I have found on the PTR 2.7.1 for DH’s Ethereals. So far, I have mixed reaction on the ones we’ve got:

I’ll edit and upload the ones I got, but for now would like to share some information from my findings:

• Does drop below level 70, and rolls the stats as of the level that your character has found it
  • All 3 weapons always rolls with the same type of affixes sans the random legendary power and passive for your class
  • The legendary power that rolls for your class’ weapon doesn’t have to be a class specific legendary power
  • Legendary powers are not weapon-type specific e.g. a two-handed legendary power can roll on a one-handed Ethereal weapon and vice versa
  • Not all Legendary rolls with the Ignore Durability Loss

My first find, this is what the icon and beam colour looks like:

Windforce (Bow)

• +% Damage
  • Strength
  • Dexterity
  • Increased Attack Speed +%
  • +% Movement Speed
  • +% Chance to Knockback on Hit
  • Ignores Durability Loss
  • +200% Archery Skills
  • +1 Max Damage per Paragon Level (Maxed out at 800)
  • 1 Random Weapon/Off-Hand Legendary Power
  • 1 Random Class Passive

Buriza-do Kyanon (Crossbow)

• +X - Y Cold Damage
  • +% Damage
  • Dexterity
  • Armor
  • +150% damage to all Demon Hunter skills
  • +% Chance to Freeze on Hit
  • Ignores Durability Loss
  • +1 Max Damage per Paragon Level (Maxed out at 800)
  • 1 Random Class Passive

Doomslinger (1-Handed Crossbow)

• +% Damage
  • Dexterity
  • +% Life
  • Chance to Deal Area Damage on Hit
  • +100% damage to all Demon Hunter skills
  • Reduce cooldown
  • Reduce resource cost
  • 1 Random Class Passive

Strange enough, Doomslinger doesn’t roll with 2 stats that both Windforce and Buriza has, which is Max Damage per Paragon Level and Ignore Durability Loss:

2 Likes

Windforce seems a little underwhelming since it only buffs MS, CA, Strafe and RoV, and the latter two don’t do meaningful damage in any build. Without massive RCR roll on Yang’s Recurve MS costs too much hatred, and Windforce doesn’t roll Discipline so its overall usefulness for UE MS is there but not amazing.

Buriza on the other hand is very nice for GoD HA even without any useful legendary effect or passive due to its massive damage range and +150% damage to DH skills.

Doomslinger is meh.

3 Likes

As of right now, only the crossbow ethereal is viable. The bow and hand-crossbow are missing the +X-Y elemental damage, and hand-cross bow is missing the +800 damage via paragon as well.

The crossbow’s +150% damage to all DH skills is multiplicative based on testing; but I don’t know about the bow’s +200% archery skills buff (regarding if it’s multiplicative with all other buffs).

Next, the +1 damage per paragon until 800 seems to work like the affix on rings; it is reflected on your sheet DPS but not on the weapon. Because of this, the +100% damage modifier on the weapons don’t affect it sadly.

Another interesting bug is that the hand-crossbow is missing the “ignores durability loss” ability and thus it can break! Luckily, it doesn’t follow the D2 mechanic and it is repairable.

3 Likes

I agree, Buriza is the only viable weapon foregoing the random legendary power and passive it rolls.

The other 2 were a little lackluster, but they all drop fairly easy. But then again, this could’ve been influenced by the Community Buff.

Question: is it possible to roll legendary affixes like the furnace on a bow ethereal, thus allowing demon hunters to use something they never could before?

1 Like

the Ethereal Buriza is crazy. My sheet DPS at paragon 2xx is already greater than my S23 DPS at 12xx … I mowed a 70 like butter.

I am curious to see this with GoD-6. Actually, I did not plan to play the next season that much, but this could be interesting (i.e. a really nice temporary buff)

Is this pure seasonal stuff ?

As of now, yes. According to the PTR blog post, ethereals will not rollover to non-season.

an immediately stupid decision, but i suppose that’s what blizzard is known for these days.

I had an Ancient ethereal Buriza with (I think) Veng cooldown and Awareness. Ancient poorly rolled Cirri (but decent leg bonus), one GoD ancient piece. Rings and ammy’s not even rerolled for max damage (not enough gems). I will log in later today to update, but 70 was a cakewalk though toughness was an issue (still only one death).

The mats returned from salvaging are crazy too…I got 150db on one, like 49db/100fs/3keys on another…I was able to get a dozen keys before even running a normal rift at 70.

Leveling with these is a breeze…and I know the drop rates are increased in PTR, but if you find one early in S24, cake, icing, frosting, ice cream and sprinkles.

1 Like

I am at GR 111 in under 10 minutes so far on the PTR, with only BotP and a level-0-simplicitys strength . In the current Season I did a GR 114 with 100+ gems before my first augment.

My Buri rolled Single Out and Fortress Ballista, so I was quite lucky there. I don’t think that I will play much more now on the PTR, as there is nothing really to test here. There will be quite a huge imbalance due to Ethereals anyway next season. But I think that’s ok for one season, so there is no much need for extensive balancing and testing now.

I also found a Buri on Level 15. And yes, this makes leveling a lot easier. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My low level Burrito (would that be a burritoito?) had the no cost RF affix so yeah, hello 70 in like no time.

The one I ended up using after 70 had the strafe pierce from Vallas (not veng cd), so still had Cirri and cubed dawn.