Lingering game.exe process

Hello. I don’t know if this has been reported before, or if it’s a problem only in my system, but whenever I play Diablo 2, after I close the game, the “game.exe” process isn’t killed (only the diablo II.exe process) and I have to manually kill it on the task manager. In fact, recently I was trying to connect to battle net and it showed that someone was already connected on my CD-Key, it turns out it was one of those lingering process still connected to the servers. Windows 10 64-bit here btw, using sven’s glide wrapper if that makes any difference or can explain the issue.

I don’t know if there is any intention of patching the Diablo II 2000 client anymore now that D2R is coming, but if there is, it’s an annoying issue that is worth taking note of.

I did a search and saw a possible answer on Reddit saying Glide keeps it running…quote from Ziggyxxxx…

“I just wanted to post this to let people know that if you close the game through the game menu with glide…it will leave [game.exe] running in the background. To prevent this you have to close the game using the alt tab menu.”

So it is Glide’s fault

Damn