Lilith will free Inarius? (Main Story Theory)

What if the entire campaign is about Lilith trying to free her former lover from the chains of Mephisto in hell? (it’s confirmed that we will visit Hell in the game) Inarius has been heavily hinted at, and the entire story could be a plot by Lilith to free Inarius. The lesser and prime evils get in the way because they don’t want this to happen. It could be a ‘dark wanderer’ type storyline where you’re always one step behind Lilith till the very end, when you defeat a newly-released Inarius.

1 Like

Why would she want to free Inarius, he was the one who sent her to the void in the first place.

In some concept art it looks like a Paladin is in hell :fire: what if we free Inarius? :angel:

They said in one of the panels that we would be going to hell. :fire: :fire: :fire:

Such a scenario wouldn’t be impossible; but it would make me wonder:

Why would Lilith want to release Inarius?

He was the one who sealed her away within the void, not once, but twice. Also with the Worldstone destroyed, she doesn’t necessarily need him. Sure there’s always the love and/or affection factor, but I don’t know if that’s enough to warrant a rescue from her for a potentially useless angel.

That said, they may pull a thing with Inarius, that his body possesses some remnants of the Worldstone’s energies, and Lilith desires to capitalize on it. All in all; I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

In the same concept art of Hell, there is a bright white light in the middle of a lake. Why would there be a bright white light in hell. Think.

It is not coming from Inarius, because he is said to be trapped in Hell within a chamber of mirrors, his eyelids torn from his face as he is forced to gaze upon his misshapen form for all eternity. :fire: :fire: :fire: Think.

1 Like

My theory is that the plot will concern Blood Cultists summoning Lilith to aid in the destruction of the Nephalem, who have become quite overpowered and are feared by several forces of Sanctuary. It would therefore not be too unbelievable to me that Lilith releases Inarius from his torment in the Burning Hells in orded to gain his help, as he has opposed the Nephalem before (see the Sin War trilogy).

Well, even if Lilith had an enemy she wanted to take care of, Inarius would be of little use, especially against a Nephalem. After the Trilogy, he was pretty much rendered a broken angel. Also without his attunement to the World Stone, he wouldn’t a chance against a fully awoken Nephalem.

Again, the only reasons I could see Lilith going through the trouble of freeing Inarius, which would potentially mean going into Hell and attempting to wrest him from her father, Mephisto’s prison, would either be due to love (I’m doubtful of this) or Inarius’s body carried remnant energies of the Worldstone that Lilith could make use of.

That said, I have no doubt we’ll be encountering Nephalems in Diablo 4, now whether or not they’ll have relation to the Nephalem we played as in Diablo 3 will remain to be seen.

1 Like

If she wants something from him, she will, also without the Worldstone she is not inferior to him and I’m sure she can tame him again :grin: