Leveling by Brawling

it is a cheap way to level a season hero. Season being time limited, it is prudent to race it to see how far you can level your hero. But with the enabled ez mode group xp hack, there is no feeling of accomplishment.

It literally only saves you like an hour or so. That’s not a big deal in the long run.

I actually thought this was a D4 suggestion topic, kinda like the idea of it… Well, not really for leveling exactly, but for “strenghtening up” gear could be cool :slight_smile:

I feel so sorry for you.
You don’t even try something before you attempt to bash it to death.

1 Like

We know that D4 will have some sort of optional PvP. Blizz usually tends to have some sort of rewards or “incentive” to play that mode. Inclusions could be:

-PvP specific gear with PvP only benefits
-Increased XP if you level in a PvP zone
-PvP specific gems/charms/ items you can level or augment
-Cosmetics

They do all that sort of thing in other Blizz games. PvP is optional, but they do try to make it attractive.

4 Likes

Hey all,

This definitely isn’t the way we want players to level in the game and will most likely be fixed for the next patch.

20 Likes

Ain’t that also mean you gonna put a bigger dent in how brawling works? If that’s the case why don’t you remove it altogether and be done with it? I mean people level up to 70 in 20 mins when someone powerlevels them through a few T6 nephalem rifts. Why is it a problem people hitting lvl70 under 1 hour by brawling? Are you gonna do something about people power leveling each other as well?

Will there be an attempt or tweak for repairing brawl scene to be more practical and cater to all skill levels in the near future? As of right now only people left in brawling area is very polarized.

3 Likes

Not as of this time naksiloth

4 Likes

Dear Matthew,

Getting 4 ppl together in story mode or adventure mode there was no XP gain.

I don’t think it works as OP states.

Could be a troll post.

This doesn’t sound right, although I agree the brawling level up is abusing a game bug and should be fixed.

If you’re not planning to be the first completer of a conquest and get boardcasted in your server, this doesn’t matter to you too much, right? If you don’t enjoy either brawling levelup or the process of leveling to 70 by yourself, why not start a day later, when people can powerlevel you to 70 in 20 minutes?

1 Like

That is not the way to do it FX9.

If one can get plvl’d on 2nd day you also need that same person to get you 5-10 rift keys and runs some 60+ level gr’s to get all legendaries.

This is not going to happen for most when you get dropped off in town lvl 70 and wearing a few rares.

I look forward to lvl’ing Season start for the thrill.

1 Like

Interesting…I figured if the first post was true, then it had been in the game for years without being changed. Usually that means it is an accepted game mechanic. Or, maybe it was under the previous team?

How fast does the team think is reasonable to level to 70 solo? How fast as a group? Do you have any plans to remove or change power leveling? How about all the sets, gear, etc that increase level rates?

For HC especially, getting back to level 70 and playing again after an RIP is important. I can see them being distressed if power leveling was taken away.

5 Likes

Seconding these questions, and just for clarity, would like to add one more.

We are meant to be able to cube legendaries with Kanai’s by getting crafting mats from the challenge rift, right? It also considerably speeds up leveling, unless you are terribly unlucky.

2 Likes

Dear Matthew,
Getting 4 ppl together in story mode or adventure mode there was no XP gain.
I don’t think it works as OP states.
Could be a troll post.

Nice try… I am sure Blizzard will take a look at it and see if what I am saying is true or not.

No joking here…
I got four lvl 1’s in party in campaign mode and adventure mode and there was a burst of two or three bars in brawling while in campaign briefly.
Then it stopped.
We deleted the hero’s and started again several times with different tests.
There was no XP gain in either mode with 4 in party killing each other and rotating the kill.

So OP might be trolling.

1 Like

Only see one troll here… let Blizz do their job and you can stay out of it for now.

thank you, that method would have been terrible.

5 Likes

Just to help Blizzard out here so it will have to get fixed. This is the way you do it

Start a game and level a nec and other chars to level 9 so the necro can cast skellies
Then start a T6 game with a necro and the other chars (does not matter class)
necro goes down into brawling area then returns to town.

You will find that tyrael will then start attacking the necro skellies. Kill the skellies and watch the levels come. Repeat until 70. The easy part here is that the skellies don’t fight back so you can kill T6 monsters with no danger. I did not use this method to level… just spent a few minutes after reading this tread and figured it out. Tested in Act 1

End of Lesson

2 Likes

You don’t need a power level. Like I said, you’re doing it wrong.

Nobody said he was making things up. What we said was we don’t care and don’t understand how it somehow affects his life.

Also, Necro is $10 and if somebody wants to spend that so they can level in this manner, more power to them.

The season has been going for like a week now and if the OP still isn’t 70, I have to refer to my first point. He’s doing it wrong.

1 Like