Lets talk about goldwrap

Is anyone else perpetually frustrated by the insane tankiness of this item and it’s complete irrelevance for G rifts?

I have seen some incredibly creative survival strats for classes that dont have great tankiness built into their skills and class specific items… for example stone gauntlets, you’ll see these on most HC leaderboard toons. Why? because armor is king, it’s survivability and contributes directly to how much damage you can take.

Goldwrap paired with boon of the hoarder lvl 50 is capable of producing game breaking armor. I play necros and at T16 (highest avail) you take literally no damage after a couple kills. You can even break the UI and make it display 0 toughness when you tick 1 trillion armor… yes 1 trillion.

Rather than 2 tank items working in tandem like ice climbers + stone gaunts, why not just let gold drop in a Grift ?

I know the game is dead but this mechanic is so incredibly powerful and also so incredibly useless.

It falls off in a great way too, you literally have 5 seconds before all that armor wipes… hopefully the boss is dead :slight_smile:

link below:

htt ps://imgur.com/a/fhDPVCo

edit:
If anyone wants to know why this is so broken, in T16 you can literally stand in a full elite pack with death explosions and take 1 to 38 damage from each one… 38 damage from an otherwise guaranteed proc of your survival passive.

Alone goldwrap can cover DR and armor production from every other end game tank option by orders of magnitude. Goldwrap is an extremely common ancient belt drop, where as other options are more difficult to find. I find one a day and keep 4 top options.

Because it might make empowering GRs self-funding.
They want you to have to run other content for gold / keys / DBs / bounty mats.

Get your point, but gold is another nothing number/dynamic end game.

You can farm more gold in a rift than the Grift equivalent costs with Boon equipped and you need keystones anyway. Grifts arent self funding without keys dropping as well.

Not if you’re empowering GRs above 90s.
I explained this to someone else on the EU forums recently…

Any idea the gold find % on those runs? I think I’m sitting at +24.6k% T16, and I’ve only tested a few since reading your comment but averaging about 210 mil per run if I stop after guardian for efficiency… Caviat if I need to kill a few more mobs for the defense.

aare you playing a build that groups mobs? I’ve noticed piles don’t reaally match up 1 to 1 with monsters killed in tight spaces but you’d have to be playing a champ with something like briggs?

Also, I think above, I was only really saying that T16 compared to its equivalent GR75, still out competes the cost to empowwer. I haven’t played above T16 this season for many Grifts… lost too many items earlier.

At T16, in my standard gear, I have 15456% Gold Find. That includes Wastes shoulders with 35% and Nemesis Bracers with 34%, no other pieces have +GF.

so your whole neckbeard analysis was completely flawed haha. you assert yourself like the classic know it all and yet you’re so wrong lmao. you didn’t even use GF items and you try to shut threads down with your “analysis”. yikes. I would wager you absolutely can sustain lvl 90 grift empowerment costs if you build into gf…

Go ahead. Run 10 T16 rifts in your +GF gear and tell me how much gold you earn. Then I’ll tell you which GR level you can empower without running out of gold.

By the way, if you’d bothered to scroll further down that thread, you would have seen my post where I used my 64K gold find suit in some Vault runs, where I earned around 19 billion gold…

I just don’t wear that stuff whilst farming rifts. My normal farming gear doesn’t include many +GF secondary affixes, because I’m more concerned with having proper primary affixes on it.

I have around 34 billion gold right now in Season 20. Don’t have to worry about Gold Find gear because there’s plenty of Gold to pick up in game. Especially when you’re wearing Boon of the Hoarder to speed things up.

Spend most of my Shards on Rings. This means an extra bonus in finding Puzzle Rings. Anyway, good luck to everyone with your riches. Running Goldwrap is as tough as keeping Rampage active. Works well in speed runs though.