Let's get some controller support

I know, this has been discussed many times, but it’s time to reevaluate the lack of controller support in D3. Handheld gaming PCs are becoming more popular. I myself just got an Asus Ally. D3 would run beautifully on this little device, but it can’t be played. I don’t want to have to rely on playing on Switch when I want to play on the go for obvious reasons, so come on Blizz, give us controller support!

2 Likes

I think it would require an overhaul of the interface. I play D3 on console and it works beautifully but the interface is designed for it. They could go D2R-style which translated kind of well with some gripes.

Seeing as we are on the threshold to D3 being officially mothballed, I really don’t see them spend the resources to make that happen now when they haven’t for over a decade.

The only chance of D3 getting PC controller support Imo is a potential remaster, as the work put in would actually come with a price tag.

1 Like

Fk yeah, bring it on already. No need to fix the menus or anything, can do that with mouse, I just want to be able to play the game with a controller.

Not gonna happen.

Move on.

3 Likes

You know, I didn’t even think of that. The menus would be a pain with controllers. I take back my suggestion.

Don’t toss it out the window completely. It may not be as hard as it seems. I mean WoW was designed for mouse/keyboard but it now has support without a complete overhaul.

Geez, buddy, it’s just a discussion. I wasnt even ranting. You should learn how to interact with people.

Gaould wasn’t disrespectful… If you wanna play the PC version of D3 on the go you’ll need a laptop.

1 Like

D3 (on pc), was never designed to use a controller, but for a mouse and a keyboard. There has been no change, despite the game being released on console almost… 10 years ago. So unless there will be a “D3R”, in 5 or 10 years… Nothing will be done on that side

1 Like