Let necromancer use 2 - 1 handed scythes

It will solve the off hand problem and It will be so cool

1 Like

That wouldn’t really solve the problem.

There are 4 1-handed scythes currently. One of them is a set item (Jesseth’s), so you wouldn’t really dual-wield it, if you wanted to use it, you’d use it with the shield.

Of the remaining 3, Funerary Pick is pretty mediocre.

That leaves you exactly two one-handed scythes it would be useful to dual-wield. So literally everyone using a secondary skill would be dual-wielding Trag’Oul’s Corroded Fang + Scythe of the Cycle. And everyone not using a secondary skill would just be using an off-hand stat stick, same as now.

This wouldn’t really solve the problem.

2 Likes

I agree with you that it wouldn’t solve the problem.

And I also agree with the OP that it would be cool :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, the cool factor is definitely there. But they’d have to add some more one-handed scythes. If they’re going to do that, they might as well add some more phylacteries too. I actually thought they would add a couple more necro items this patch since they are adding the new set too. But I guess not :frowning:

1 Like

This would (and does) for sure need to happen imo. I also think OP has a cool idea, though the dual scythe rune suggest that any dual wielding effect would be attached to this skill - or am I wrong on this?

I think being able to hold a 2h scythe and phylactery, or 2x 1h would actually solve the issue with both 1h and 2h setups.

But of course, you’d need to create more 1h weapons, and maybe more phylacteries to synergize with the current 2h weapons.

Other 2h weapons would use both slots, so as not to completely break the class, and only 1h scythes would be able to be used in off hand (and only with a 1h scythe in main hand).

With those conditions in place, the necro could be a lot of fun.

So what ideas do we have for the items we’d need to make this work?
Maybe something for golem, bone spirit, and army of the dead?

Perhaps

• while dual wielding you now have 2 golems, and both gain the thy flesh sustained rune
  • bone spirit gains an additional 2 charges and it’s cooldown is reduced by 25%
  • army of the dead is now reset after taking 100% of your hp in damage
  • each revived minions now take [2-4]% of the damage you receive

Something this like would give us more builds to play with.

Yeah, but if you’re primary damage comes from Bone Spear, getting to dual wield Trag’Ouls Fang (increased damage on cursed enemies) with Scythe of the Cycle (increased secondary skill damage, which includes Bone Spear), you could use the cube weapon slot for the two hand scythe (the name escapes me) that increases all damage with increased essence and more Bone Spear damage on top of that.

As it is now, you can only get two out of three of those but have an offhand slot that doesn’t really help directly outside of general stat boosts.

it doesnt make any sense though, if they do that for necro they will have to allow wizard equipping 2 wands/weapons as well

True enough. I think the real need behind the suggestion to dual wield is the lack of quality or relevant off-hand legendaries for necros. Plus, it’d look really cool.

As people have already mentioned, with the lack of gear diversity of the Necro class, everyone will simply use the same 2 1h Scyths. Trags and Cycle.

The idea is fine, but there simply isnt enough base gear to have it be worth while.

Being able to 1 hand a 2 hander also sounds fine, except once again ur left with the problem that most of the Offhand items dont really do much more than act as a stat stick.

Necro simply needs more viable gear options, the easiest route being to make non class specific items viable. That way u dont have to go through the development cycle of creating new items.
But since the unused non class specific legendaries have been around since day dot, and have not be touched, left to become obsolete, based on all the years of them being ignored, i see no reason to believe Blizz will change that.

And the final nail in this coffin… Ideas form this forum are never used, bar the very minimum balance changes in numbers. So u can forget it.