Legendary Gem gone

After salvaging a necklace that had a lvl 25 wreath of lightning, it was not returned to my inventory. However, Ursi still seems to think I have it and gives me the option to level it up.

If Urshi can see it, it is still there somewhere.

1 Like

Do you have another hero you can do a Greater Rift with ? If so, do an easy GRift and check if Urshi will give you the option to level it up. If she does, then it is in your stash “somewhere” perhaps socketed in another piece of jewelry.

If she doesn’t, then it’s either in the inventory of your current hero, or on one of its followers.

There are stickied help threads at the top of the forum…

No it is not in my stash or on my character or on any of my followers yet it shows up to upgrade but is no where to be found. It is a glitch in the game.

If you can upgrade the gem at Urshi, it is somewhere in your stash, on your follower, etc. There is no glitch, just look harder. You might have accidentally placed it inside a piece of jewelry in your stash and spotting it can be difficult.

3 Likes

Well done. You resurrected a thread from 2 years ago to report something as a glitch which isn’t a glitch.

If it’s upgradeable at Urshi, it’s in one of these locations…

1. In your hero’s inventory
  2. Socketed into your hero’s gear
  3. Socketed into your follower’s gear
  4. In your Stash (could be socketed into a ring / amulet inside your Stash)
4 Likes

If you can’t see a gem that Urshi can see…
It’s time to tidy up and/or reorganize your stash!

2 Likes

Unless you’re playing on another Account, it’s in your Stash.

Probably in an Amulet or Ring where you can’t easily see it.

And…   Nice necro-bump.  

1 Like

Simply wrong, I only have one character and I have checked everything over and over again, not in any socketed items, not on followers, not on my character, not in any of my stashes, nowhere else to look like I said it is a glitch. No it is not in any jewelry in my stash. One character and no one else plays the game in my house. Mind-boggling, but I did notice a lot of other people complaining about it.

A quick and little test:

• Create another character (a lvl1 is sufficient)
  • With it, take all rings and amulets from your stash to its inventory
  • Back to your main character and do a (quick) GR

What’s the result?

You haven’t, because you haven’t looked at the place where the gem actually is.
Okay, just for sake of argument, what gem is it and what rank is it currently?

And in every single case where it’s been reported as a bug, the poster has located the gem when following the advice about the only possible places it could be if Urshi offers to upgrade it.

That’s why it’s included in the stickied thread about things which are not bugs, i.e. there is no such bug.

Or never gave an answer because they retrieved it…

1 Like

Okay. This could get tedious if you have a lot of Jewelry in your Stash. But, if “push comes to shove”, try this. (It will be easier if you only have a few Amulets and Rings stashed).

1. Put, all your Amulets and Rings in your Inventory.
  2. Take them to Shen, the Jeweler.
  3. Right-click each of them.

For every Amulet or Ring that has an empty Socket or no Socket at all, Shen will not accept that piece of Jewelry. But, if you right-click on a piece of Jewelry that has a Gem in it, Shen will offer to Remove Gem.

If he does, look at the Gem. Is it the one you’re looking for? (If not, keep going).

2 Likes

An even easier method is to simply salvage all your jewelry, weapons (for GoE), and helms (for soulstone). I guarantee that the “missing” gem will magically show up.

Of course, you are out a lot of items, but that just means you get to play more! Win/win!

That is about the same as saying: If you stop playing, then it will no longer be an issue.

The magical answer to all of your problems in the game!

It may be true, but is that really helpful, or just bad advice/trolling?