Legendary attribute versus dps

Hi so I’m starting season 28 as a witch doctor and have the weapon “Staff of Chiroptera” and have been using it for the past 25 levels and am going through levels with ease. I am getting weapons with better stats than the one I have equipped but the damage bonus that legendary does to firebats make it so I wipe levels with ease while even switching weapons adds some difficulty. My question I guess is should I switch to weapons with better dps or continue using the staff?

A lot depends on whether you’ve gotten the challenge rift cache. It contains enough crafting materials to cube one item. If you have it, then you can cube the staff and use a higher level weapon. That way you get the benefits of the stronger weapon and the legendary effect of the staff.

If you don’t have the cache, or are saving it to use in the altar, then you will just have to play it by ear, trying out a new weapon every once in a while. The new weapon will have to have much higher stats in order to exceed the legendary effect of that staff, as you’ve noticed. Eventually though, you will have to use a better weapon and lose the effect, unless you are lucky and find a higher level version of the staff.

1 Like